Droid 3 - Off Contract Deals?

lovethedroid

Reaction score
Hello all,

I currently have the Verizon unlimited data deal, and I am thinking about getting a Droid 3 Off Contract in order to avoid being locked into a 2 year contract. Is the Verizon deal for $460 the best one offered from their site? Has anyone been able to haggle or get any sort of better deal at the Verizon store itself?

Thanks!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
That's the best deal you'll be able to get off contract right now. All of the other retailers selling it have a higher retail price (Amazon, Best Buy, etc.). Since you're not signing a contract, Verizon won't have any reason to cut you any sort of a deal on the pricing, so you're not likely to get it for any less than that in store or over the phone. A lot of stores don't like selling the phones at full retail because the reps aren't meeting quotas on contracts. They'll just be looking to push you out as fast as they can when buying full retail.

Reaction score
I'm getting one off contract as well within the next couple of weeks. I'm doing that because I'm not do for an upgrade untill July if next year. 460 is not bad considering that it's 600 everywhere else.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I'm getting one off contract as well within the next couple of weeks. I'm doing that because I'm not do for an upgrade untill July if next year. 460 is not bad considering that it's 600 everywhere else.

July is a good time to have an upgrade.
Mine is March 2013...

Reaction score
It is a great time for upgrades. I also will get another phone at that time as well.

Aiesline

Reaction score
Try Ebay :) There are already several up on there. Might be able to save 50-60 bucks that way.

Reaction score
I did look at them and found some good deals. But what if I get one and there is an issue with it can I still take it to a verizon store for a new one. I now I would only get a new one from ebay so no used one.

imnotmikal

Reaction score
You said you're doing this to avoid being locked into a 2 year contract, but you also mentioned you have unlimited data...
Is the real reason, you don't want to lose your date? If so, no need to worry about it, you're grandfathered in. I kept my unlimited upon purchasing my Droid 3.

Peirogirl

Reaction score
I just bought my Droid 3 utlizing my upgrade at Verizon. As long as you have a current contract with an unlimited data plan, they will honor it for your new contract. The new data plans are only valid on contracts where an unlimited data plan was not already in existance.

otacon

Reaction score
If you had the $29 Unlimited Data Plan as long as you keep a smartphone on the that line you will always keep the unlimited plan. That applies to 3G and LTE phones.

Reaction score
If I buy a DROID 3 from ebay and it's new never been used can I still take it back to a Verizon store if its not working right.

littlerick

Reaction score
If I buy a DROID 3 from ebay and it's new never been used can I still take it back to a Verizon store if its not working right.

yes as long as its never been activated. if its been activated you loose all warranty through verizon (you might still be able to go through motorola). i'm going through this with verizon now with my thunderbolt, since it was activated there is no warranty and it keeps dropping data but they said the only thing i can do is buy a new one.