Droid 3 might be getting ready for some sort of soak testing....already

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Today I logged into my Motorola account to update my info for the Network Feedback in needing to remove X2 and add D3. While there I found a thread started 4 days ago asking for sign up's for the Network feedback group with Motorola. for those that don't know they are typically the soak testing group.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/54198?tstart=30

My thought is that if they are going to push out a soak test update (hopefully to unlock boot loader) then that will give dev's something to start working on.

Just thought I would share.

neilrl79

Reaction score
Today I logged into my Motorola account to update my info for the Network Feedback in needing to remove X2 and add D3. While there I found a thread started 4 days ago asking for sign up's for the Network feedback group with Motorola. for those that don't know they are typically the soak testing group.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/54198?tstart=30

My thought is that if they are going to push out a soak test update (hopefully to unlock boot loader) then that will give dev's something to start working on.

Just thought I would share.

Yeah i logged into my acount over there and asked about soak testing right after i got my D3. I'm all signed up and ready to go. Doubt it will be a bootloader unlock, but that would be sweet if it was.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I seriously doubt it's a bootloader unlock. Motorola hasn't officially unlocked the bootloader on any phones yet, and somehow I doubt Verizon would let the Droid 3 be the first. I'm hoping it's a general bug fix.

Raptor007

Reaction score
I signed up, figured why not do it. The Droid 3 wasn't listed but you could add it manually, its quite possible they are getting ready for something in the near future but the D3 is new.