Droid 3 Backlight

Kdflakdj

Reaction score
My Droid 3 overheated and now it looks like the backlight isnt working, any suggestions?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Return for a new one?

Shouldn't be overheating to the point of causing damage. Take it in for a warranty replacement.

end of line...

Johnnyb

Reaction score
My Droid 3 overheated and now it looks like the backlight isnt working, any suggestions?

Did you take it in? Was there any explanation for the backlight failing or did they give you a new one.

There seem to be several complaints regarding the heat these phones generate (at times). I would be interested in finding out how Verizon handled this for you.

Sent from my D3, waiting for root to unleash this beast.

h8louzn

Reaction score
I have also had my phone get up to 123 degrees while playing a game for 20 min...

spunker88

Reaction score
It could have something to do with the dual core processor in this phone. I downloaded Temp+CPU widget which will show the current temperature of the device. I'm not sure what is a dangerous temp for a mobile device, I know desktop processors will take quite a bit of heat but thats different.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I'm not sure what is a dangerous temp for a mobile device, I know desktop processors will take quite a bit of heat but thats different.

Theoretically, they would have designed the phone to shut off when a certain temperature was surpassed. That being said, a hardware defect like a bad thermometer is always a possibility.