Droid 3 and the ice cream sandwich

skruid

Reaction score
The ram shouldn't be an issue, ics is suppose to be able to run on all android devices, I bet the d1 gets it as a custom rom

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

flatty

Reaction score
I agree, my d1 is running 2.3.7 flawlessly on cm nightly as well as ics music and market 3.1.5

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

flatty

Reaction score
It's here on forums. It's music beta refined but ics and working.

Reaction score
It's here on forums. It's music beta refined but ics and working.

I'm using music beta on gb w/ ota update 890 and its rediculous. Its basically the same app as the stock music without the lock controls, it doesn't update with newly added music ethier, only the songs I have on my sim card. The only way I can get to my tracks is throug dolphin actually visiting the music beta website...something wrong with this picture?

flatty

Reaction score
Root your phone and make the most of it. Mine updates in real time ... D1, cm nightly 213, stock kernel. I have zero music on my SD card and over 2000 at my fingertips.

flatty

Reaction score
Oh, and as far as I know music isn't stored on your sim card.

Reaction score
Uh I AM rooted and it SHOULD be updating in real time, I've already triple checked my settings I'm left to believe its just buggy

Ossoblanco

Reaction score
I am pretty new to the whole droid modification scene and am hoping someone can explain the difference between gingerbread and ice cream sandwich. Thanks for the help.

Sent from a planted D3 thats trying to grow

flatty

Reaction score
No one is running ics yet unless they are in the Google development circle. Ics is the next version of aosp, a combination of phone and tablet os. Being that someone left a prime behind after a few too many beers, I am hoping we see some leaked roms soon. As far as gb goes it is the next step above froyo, some ui enhancements.

i4mt3hwin

Reaction score
You're not going to get roms from a phone left behind. Need the source for that.

That being said, people are going to probably start theming towards that direction. I'd also like to see if it has an updated gallery or not, because the current one is pretty awful.

flatty

Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned a system dump from this device would give a talented developer enough to create a rom. I have run many roms from leaks and have had good luck with them. Granted a rom from source would be great but in this time of transition a rom from a leak would do.

Reaction score
There's no real reason the D3 wouldn't get ICS. I think the delay on getting GB was due to some other issues. But with Google aquiring Moto it'll speed up the update process.

LLR00717

Google has ownership of motorola, but they said they were going to keep motorola running as a separate company. I've ready many articles as well saying how google isn't going to play favorites just because it owns motorola.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Uh I AM rooted and it SHOULD be updating in real time, I've already triple checked my settings I'm left to believe its just buggy

Well you can believe that it's just buggy while it's working for everyone else or you can believe that there's a problem with your settings that you haven't found.

pyro6128

Reaction score

Its probably not the software since it seems to be working for everyone (myself included). Try going into accounts, and stop all syncs, then start them up again. Or remove, then re-add your relevant account in the account options of the phone.