Droid 2 won't hold a charge and won't charge...please HELP!!!!

garci1ea

Reaction score
:angry: About a week ago my Droid 2 decided to stop charging (I bought it in February, 2011). I can plug it into any socket or computer or my car and the light will turn on and it says it is charging, but it doesn't. I have changed my charger and I know that isn't it. I have taken out my battery for an hour and put it back in, I have tried charging it off and on.
Nothing seems to be working. Please help!!! I know that other people have had this problem, but I haven't seen what might work to solve the problem. HELP!!!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
IMO, you should purchase or borrow another battery to verify it's actually a battery issue. You can find them pretty cheap on Amazon.

nbbforrest

Reaction score
x2 wnat charge

I had this exact same issue one day while traveling. I stopped into the local verzion store. We tried another charger and another battery and all the same results. The fix was to get a used phone from verizon when I had purchased a new phone barely three months earlier. I put up a helluva fuss but they sent me a used phone anyway. Now, the used phone will not wakeup after charging. have to pull the battery to get it to power cycle. go figure?

seppypom

Reaction score
My Third Phone is on its way and should be here tomorrow for the same issue, It Says its charging, but the level just keeps going down. Sometimes it just sits there cycling the "DISCONNECT Charger Message" every few seconds for minutes at a time.