Droid 2 will not turn on, despite everything I've Tried to do

Darkspines22

Reaction score
Droid 2 will not turn on

I woke up this morning, and grabbed my phone. I tried to unlock it, but realize the battery had died overnight.
Usually when this happens, I just plug it in, and it starts charging immediately.

But, nothing happened when I plugged it in. I tried holding down the power button, and that didn't work.
Then I tried to do a soft reset, no response. I tried letting it charge a little bit, didn't work. I tried removing the battery, didn't work. I even tried to hard reset it, but it wouldn't respond.

I also tried turning it on with the battery removed while it was plugged into the ac adapter (I always charge ac adapter, and it has been the whole time, it was never at any point, plugged into my computer). I also tried doing these with the battery removed.

Any suggestions on what to do? The phone is obviously charging, because the white light next to the usb/power plug-thing lights up when it is plugged in.
What should I do? (note again: Factory Reset DOES NOT work).

- Thanks In ADvance

And going into bootloader would be impossible, because the arrow keys on my physical keyboard, do not work. At all.

Last edited:

albinoman

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Droid 2 will not turn on

I woke up this morning, and grabbed my phone. I tried to unlock it, but realize the battery had died overnight.
Usually when this happens, I just plug it in, and it starts charging immediately.

But, nothing happened when I plugged it in. I tried holding down the power button, and that didn't work.
Then I tried to do a soft reset, no response. I tried letting it charge a little bit, didn't work. I tried removing the battery, didn't work. I even tried to hard reset it, but it wouldn't respond.

I also tried turning it on with the battery removed while it was plugged into the ac adapter (I always charge ac adapter, and it has been the whole time, it was never at any point, plugged into my computer). I also tried doing these with the battery removed.

Any suggestions on what to do? The phone is obviously charging, because the white light next to the usb/power plug-thing lights up when it is plugged in.
What should I do? (note again: Factory Reset DOES NOT work).

- Thanks In ADvance

And going into bootloader would be impossible, because the arrow keys on my physical keyboard, do not work. At all.

Have you tried a different charger? To go into the bootloader you hold the volume down button.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Unless the battery is shot completely, and was drained so low it entered "protected mode". If this is the case you can go to a VZW store and have them test the battery.

The droid 2 has a charge while off function which for me always worked, so I'm assuming the battery is unrecoverable.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
battery maybe shot,
battery can drain too far, to boot into charge mode
if you connect charger, and leave for a few hours, it might just start charging

there is two ways to get to bootloader mode, hold both volume buttons or the up key on keyboard

msbrier

Reaction score
Plug it into the wall

I've had the same issue--make sure that you're plugging it into the WALL and not your USB port. For some reason, when the power gets too low, it wont turn on or seem to be charging from a laptop (and I'm assuming any computer). This worked for me.