Droid 2 warranty coverage?

Lucidpsychosis

Reaction score
Well, after having my Droid 2 for only 8 days, some idiot on my university's campus bumped into me on the street, causing me to drop my phone, which left a few superficial dents and a HUGE crack on the screen. The phone is still functional, but it is badly damaged cosmetically.

I know that it's not Motorola or Google's fault that this happened, but what is the warranty coverage like. Would it cover this? I think I have Verizon insurance, but if I could get away without having to pay the extra $50, that would be really cool. I'm also nervous because I'm not sure whether or not I have it or not. I don't want to have to deal with the damages for two years :(

Dragoro

Reaction score
Insurance will cover it. They aint going to warranty exchange it.

Last edited:

ghorig

Reaction score
Insurance will cover it. They aint going to warranty exchange it. If ya aint got insurance, call verizon and get insurance, then wait a couple days and then file for insurance claim.

Thats insurance fraud and against the law. You may as well recommend he bust into a Verizon store late at night and help himself to a replacement.

Dragoro

Reaction score
Insurance will cover it. They aint going to warranty exchange it. If ya aint got insurance, call verizon and get insurance, then wait a couple days and then file for insurance claim.

Thats insurance fraud and against the law. You may as well recommend he bust into a Verizon store late at night and help himself to a replacement.

Wouldnt be the first nor last person to do it.

ghorig

Reaction score

Wouldnt be the first nor last person to do it.

And in your opinion that's justifies your advice?

Gray_Lensman

Reaction score
I was under the impression that insurance covers anything. Why would it be fraud to turn in a busted phone if you paid the insurance on it. AND why the heck buy insurance if it doesn't cover what the original poster posted about?

Ah, reread it... Applying for insurance AFTER the fact... Doh.

Last edited: