Droid 2 Vs. Droid X

xMatt007x

Reaction score
Whats the main differences between the phones? which one is without a keyboard?

eliassami5

Reaction score
Whats the main differences between the phones? which one is without a keyboard?

God im sick of typing DROID all the time lol. The droid x will most likely not have a keyboard but thats not 100% for sure. Go to droid-life.com, they have a lot of info on both of these phones.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Using Swype I hardly have any need or desire for a physical keyboard. And as speech-to-text works better and gets more powerful that will probably be my messaging input of choice.

Reaction score
Using Swype I hardly have any need or desire for a physical keyboard. And as speech-to-text works better and gets more powerful that will probably be my messaging input of choice.

I must be the few that really like the Droid's physical keyboard, mine isn't flat the keys a small radius's on them and I can blaze away when typing. That being said voice search and voice to text works great. Even with my voice, I slur and a bit lazy with my pronunciation but it still works.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Even with my voice, I slur and a bit lazy with my pronunciation but it still works.

You know, I have not played with text-to-type since updating to Froyo. I primarily use it for voice searches with little trouble.

My main issue is it's been fairly slow and can only handle a few words at a time. Presumably with more ram and more CPU speed (on like the Droid Pro) you would at least be able to say a few sentences for a complete text message.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even with my voice, I slur and a bit lazy with my pronunciation but it still works.

You know, I have not played with text-to-type since updating to Froyo. I primarily use it for voice searches with little trouble.

My main issue is it's been fairly slow and can only handle a few words at a time. Presumably with more ram and more CPU speed (on like the Droid Pro) you would at least be able to say a few sentences for a complete text message.

I fine that I can pretty much talk at a regular pace when using the voice to text. But I really use it more just to finish off a sentence that I started typing. It isn't perfect but it's getting better. Works well with Froyo.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I fine that I can pretty much talk at a regular pace when using the voice to text.

I mean slow to load and slow to translate. Takes a few seconds before it's ready for you to talk, and a few seconds after you finish talking, usually. That would be fine if you could say more than a few words.

soba1

Reaction score
There was a debate about the processer but it looks like they will have the same processer speed. The Droid2 will have a 3.7" screen where as the Xtreme will have a 4.3". Of course Droid2 will have the pysical keyboard. I myself am going with the Xtreme.....