Droid 2 stuck in Bootloader..PLEASE HELP!!!

crynickk

Reaction score
Hello All,
Recently, i just purchased a Droid 2 from Ebay, i had it for about 1 week and all was working fine. I then dropped it into water and i thought the phone was totally shot and it that was the end to my new phone :( . I still had hope so i kept the Droid in rice for about 3 days. I know i shouldnt have but 1 time i attempted to turn the phone on and it did NOT turn on. I left it in rice for the next couple days and then tried again to power on and it turned on!!! It went to the grey M then straight to bootloader. Here is what the Bootloader screen said:

Bootloader
D0.11

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

I wanted to know is there any way to get past this? I did some research but i didn't quite find the answer i was looking for. Will a hard reset do anything to the phone or am i stuck?:icon_eek:

any help would be appreciated, thanks again.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can try and wipe data and cache, then reboot. If that doesn't work, try to sbf.

If those don't work, its probably toast.

SSX v2.0

OP
C

crynickk

Reaction score
Also, i havent done any hacks to my phone, and the wet indicator IS red.

OP
C

crynickk

Reaction score
I have a new problem, i cant get the droid to charge now :( .. From what i've read is that when its in bootloader it wont charge, so what am i stuck?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
It wont charge in bootloader. You will have to find someone to charge your battery, get one from Verizon or cut a USB cable and twist the red together and the black together. Put the red on the positive battery terminal and the black on the negative. Charge for 5-7 minutes.

SSX v2.0

darkreaper476

Reaction score
This happen to to a friends d2 that I am trying to fix.. he's not talking about recovery he's talking about the BOOT LOADER I tried to sbf the phone and even though it flashed fine with no errors the phone just rebooted right back into he boot loader.... any help is appreciated. Again there's no option to wipe anything its the actual Motorola boot loader.

Thanks.

Last edited: