Droid 2 stuck at bootloader!!! Help

GOON

Reaction score
THE UNIT WILL NOT GO BEYOND THE droid SCREEN the screen with the motorola logo will come up and the red droid desins thing does it's dance and the droid word comes up.. and it will recycle and reboot itself throught these over and over again??? . it shows the battery is charging at times but that's all.

PLEASE WHAT DO I DO? restore in rdslite? but idk if that program will even be able to recognize the phone because stuck in bootloader

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
THE UNIT WILL NOT GO BEYOND THE droid SCREEN the screen with the motorola logo will come up and the red droid desins thing does it's dance and the droid word comes up.. and it will recycle and reboot itself throught these over and over again??? . it shows the battery is charging at times but that's all.

PLEASE WHAT DO I DO? restore in rdslite? but idk if that program will even be able to recognize the phone because stuck in bootloader
Ok it doesn't matter if you have bootstrap or not because you can't access the app, therefore you can't restore backups. Here's what you do. Pull the battery and put it back in. Open the keyboard and hold power and x until the Motorola M shoes up, then let go of power and keep holding x until the exclamation symbol shows up. Then press the little magnifying glass key on your keyboard. Then scroll down and wipe data and wipe cache. Do both again . Now do them both again. Now click reboot. Let me know if this fixed it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok it doesn't matter if you have bootstrap or not because you can't access the app, therefore you can't restore backups. Here's what you do. Pull the battery and put it back in. Open the keyboard and hold power and x until the Motorola M shoes up, then let go of power and keep holding x until the exclamation symbol shows up. Then press the little magnifying glass key on your keyboard. Then scroll down and wipe data and wipe cache. Do both again . Now do them both again. Now click reboot. Let me know if this fixed it.

Why do you keep telling people to do this? There is no difference between wiping data/cache once and wiping it three times.

If it's stuck at the Droid logo, the OP should wipe cache/data once, and if that doesn't work, they need to SBF, period.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1 one wipe is enough

Why do you keep telling people to do this? There is no difference between wiping data/cache once and wiping it three times.

If it's stuck at the Droid logo, the OP should wipe cache/data once, and if that doesn't work, they need to SBF, period.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
G

GOON

Reaction score
can i sbf wipe now? or do i need to access something that i cannot access? no back ups and not rooted i think

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score

Say whatever you want. All I know is that I had the same issue. I went in and wiped data/cache. Did not help. I done it a second time. Nothing. After the third time it booted up with no issues. So I'm telling this person what I did to resolve my issue. Obviously this guy has no clue how to sbf.