Droid 2 SBF Critical Error

aycho

Reaction score
I tried updating my phone to the latest CM Nightly and the nightly installed, but the phone would bootloop on the Motorola logo. I tried wiping data/cache but it wouldn't go into clockwork recovery so I had to do it with the Android recovery thing (blue recovery menu) and I did those, but my phone kept bootlooping. I then resorted to RSDLite to SBF it but I keep getting this error. On my phone it says: "Critical Error: DEA1" and then on RSDLite, it says "Error sending JUMP command device..."
Does anyone know what I should do to save my phone?

SlimMan

Reaction score
I found this on another site...

"The OP is in a bit more serious trouble it seems and probably has a corrupt recovery image. He needs to force the phone into bootloader and then flashing with an SBF file again.
This is done by first pulling the battery and then holding the up key on the Dpad and the power button, as is described in the guide for the SP recovery SBF.

I would actually recommend that he flashes with the official ESD56 SBF that is widely available, rather than the SP recovery SBF.
This would ensure that he is able to get back to a good stock configuration so he can start over again.
Then he can reflash with the SP recovery SBF or any other path to get to a rooted Froyo or 2.1 configuration from that ESD56 base.

This is the safest way to get out of the situation. You haven't truly bricked it until you can't get into bootloader anymore, and that's pretty hard to do although there are ways to do it."

Code:
Source: [URL="http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-discussions/2701-critical-error-dea1-2.html<br />["]My Droid World Forums
[/URL]
Code:
Download Link for ESD56 [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?2nojyrkfznj<br />["]VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.01P_SW_UPDATE_03.sbf
[/URL]

I'm no pro. but wanted to try to help, GL.

Slim!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I found this on another site...

"The OP is in a bit more serious trouble it seems and probably has a corrupt recovery image. He needs to force the phone into bootloader and then flashing with an SBF file again.
This is done by first pulling the battery and then holding the up key on the Dpad and the power button, as is described in the guide for the SP recovery SBF.

I would actually recommend that he flashes with the official ESD56 SBF that is widely available, rather than the SP recovery SBF.
This would ensure that he is able to get back to a good stock configuration so he can start over again.
Then he can reflash with the SP recovery SBF or any other path to get to a rooted Froyo or 2.1 configuration from that ESD56 base.

This is the safest way to get out of the situation. You haven't truly bricked it until you can't get into bootloader anymore, and that's pretty hard to do although there are ways to do it."

Code:
Source: [URL="http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-discussions/2701-critical-error-dea1-2.html%3Cbr%20/%3E["]My Droid World Forums
[/URL]
Code:
Download Link for ESD56 [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?2nojyrkfznj%3Cbr%20/%3E["]VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.01P_SW_UPDATE_03.sbf
[/URL]

I'm no pro. but wanted to try to help, GL.

Slim!

Do not use the link above to SBF. You can use the link in my signature, which is correct as I use that method all the time.

OP
A

aycho

Reaction score
So I did that that post told me to do but now I'm getting:

Critical Error:
510B

When it's loading RAM downloader for bootloader..

OP
A

aycho

Reaction score
Thank you but the thing with that link is my phone was in USB Mass Storage mode before it got bricked so I don't know if that's the reason why it's not working..

OP
A

aycho

Reaction score
I got it fixed.. Just had to run RSD Lite in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3.