"critical error: DEA1"...?!?!

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
SPRecovery problem - "critical error: DEA1"...?!?!

ok, i finally decided to root, and barely got to the first step before i screwed something up! I opened RSD Lite, and double clicked on the .sbf file, and then hit start. but, it didn't finish, and this message shows up on my phone: "critical error: DEA1". what do i do now??? ANY help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!!

OP
huskerkate

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
oops - nevermind. i just removed the battery and tried again. i've got SPRecovery, and i'm going to try to flash a rom. i may be back... :icon_eek:

OP
huskerkate

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i did it - runnin' me some Kangerade Froyo right now!

OP
huskerkate

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i shouldn't be this excited about being able to just follow directions - but i am!! :)

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i remember my first time and how excited i was!! dancedroidyou'll be walking around smiling all week now :D

maxzutter

Reaction score
I got the same "Critical Error DEA1" message when trying to flash an sbf on my droid x
the bootloader is 30.04 and I got the sbf from the first download here...

(Droid X SBF)

it's rooted and running stock 2.2.1

I can't install update.zips or flash roms without getting the status 7 error, or get through the official ota gingerbread installation without it just restarting as 2.2.1

I read somewhere else that is may be a dead flash chip, if so what are my options?

thanks in advance