Droid 2 ROMs

Reaction score
Hello friends I have a question. I am looking for a good ROM to flash, but everywhere I look and try to download the links are broken. So far I have only tried Liberty, good ROM, and downloaded MIUI but yet to flash it. I am on stock ota 2.3.3. I have searched the D2 section of this and other forums with the same result. Thanks in advance to anyone to anyone willing to chime in. Also looking for any advice on a ROM to try. Or is the D2 just too dated? Thanks.

Sent from my rooted Droid 2

albinoman

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Check out my AOKP rom on rootzwiki or here in the rom section.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
mikelikesbikes
Reaction score
Absolutely, would love to try it. Can you shoot me a link so I know I am getting the correct one? It is compatible with a stock D2 w/ OTA gingerbread 2.3.3., correct?

Sent from my rooted Droid 2

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would definitely recommend Galnet MIUI. The most stable Rom I've used, stock or non-stock

NEW! Galnet MIUI ICS 2.2.10 ( 1% Batt, Charge While Off, Updated Bootmenu, Scripts ) - Droid 2/R2D2 Development - RootzWiki

If you'd like to check out full ICS, you can download and flash MIUI V4 or CM9

(Official)(4.04) MIUI.us V4 2.4.20 B4 (04/24/2012) Working Phone/Data/MMS/Camcorder/Beats Audio - Droid 2/R2D2 Development - RootzWiki
CyanogenMod 9 [UNOFFICIAL][Beta] (4/24) - Droid 2/R2D2 Development - RootzWiki

Whatever you decide, make sure you follow the instructions. It's a snap if you do, a pain in the butt if you don't :happy3:

nhra1ss

Reaction score
I would definitely recommend Galnet MIUI. The most stable Rom I've used, stock or non-stock

NEW! Galnet MIUI ICS 2.2.10 ( 1% Batt, Charge While Off, Updated Bootmenu, Scripts ) - Droid 2/R2D2 Development - RootzWiki

If you'd like to check out full ICS, you can download and flash MIUI V4 or CM9

(Official)(4.04) MIUI.us V4 2.4.20 B4 (04/24/2012) Working Phone/Data/MMS/Camcorder/Beats Audio - Droid 2/R2D2 Development - RootzWiki
CyanogenMod 9 [UNOFFICIAL][Beta] (4/24) - Droid 2/R2D2 Development - RootzWiki

Whatever you decide, make sure you follow the instructions. It's a snap if you do, a pain in the butt if you don't :happy3:

I agree with MI on either one. I have been flashing MIUI since the Stable build ( 2.1.6 ? ). Have updated thru the builds and love MIUI. I have tried Steel Droid ( CM7 based ), which is also nice and CM7, but always come back to MIUI. It just seems to fit me, but everyone is different. Just follow directions and you should be good. Before I flashed for the first time, I also had read and was ready for any problems, knowing how to sbf. Never know when or if it will happen. But changing the rom was the best thing that I did with my D2, :biggrin:.

OP
mikelikesbikes
Reaction score
I would really like to try CM9. I like MIUI, got the FC issue fixed. Will download it tonight. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my rooted and ROM'd Droid 2