Droid 2 rental phone for upcoming cruise

tannes

Reaction score
We are going on a Panama Canal cruise and added the global plan to our unlimited texting plan. It is my understanding our current Droid 2 phone will work on the ship and in about 1/2 of our ports. We were offered that for $9.99 we could get a rental global droid 2 phone that would work in any port. However, we were told there is no insurance available and our current insurance won't cover this rental phone. I am reluctant to get the rental phone without the insurance and figure we can get by without our phone working in a couple of ports. I just wanted to ask if anyone has any experience with using either the standard droid 2 or the global droid 2 on a cruise and if they had any reception problems? Or advice? Thanks in advance. Also an unrelated question - I was thinking of doing a live cruise report on cruise critic boards and am unable to figure out how to send pictures with the posts. If anyone has any experience with this I would be very grateful!

cpjr

Reaction score
Reception depends on location. Take the info Verizon gave you about where your phone would or wouldnt work. I doubt it will really work much outside mainland US. I took my droid to Mexico a few months ago and never had service going or coming.

Reaction score
Check out the VZW website. They have lots of great info on international plans and what will work where.

With respect to posting trip reports. There are apps that support specific blog platforms. For example, I use Wordpress and downloaded the app. It supports including photos.

Hope this helps.

CC

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App