Droid 2 randomly rebooting on unlock

tehspamninja

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing no matter what rom or version. Any idea why or a fix for thos? Its really aggravating.

wmnomore

Reaction score
I found a quick fix for reboots on unlock!

Use angdroid's green roms....never, ever, ever, had a reboot. ever.

well, except when i overclocked with the wrong voltage:)

mikeeg02

Reaction score
My phone just started doing this today, I'm running Fission 1.2.1 which I had installed also today. Doesn't seem like it's the ROM that's the problem though. I saw a post (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...otfix-upgrade-droid2-droidx-6.html#post943435) where it says SBF should solve the problem.. but I would like more of a confirmation on that.. Any one try this and have it work for them?

I've SBF'd. Didn't make a difference for me. (Did it to be certain I could unroot incase of needing verizon service) need to figure out how to check the "build prop" the one user seemed certain if the lcd density was set to anything other then 240 that was the issue. I checked mine. Its at 240, problem still exhists for me.

I found a quick fix for reboots on unlock!

Use angdroid's green roms....never, ever, ever, had a reboot. ever.

well, except when i overclocked with the wrong voltage:)

I ran super clean, vanilla pro. I still got the same problem. Had you experienced the soft reboot before and that fixed it for you?

Bishang

Reaction score
My phone just started doing this today, I'm running Fission 1.2.1 which I had installed also today. Doesn't seem like it's the ROM that's the problem though. I saw a post (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...otfix-upgrade-droid2-droidx-6.html#post943435) where it says SBF should solve the problem.. but I would like more of a confirmation on that.. Any one try this and have it work for them?

I've SBF'd. Didn't make a difference for me. (Did it to be certain I could unroot incase of needing verizon service) need to figure out how to check the "build prop" the one user seemed certain if the lcd density was set to anything other then 240 that was the issue. I checked mine. Its at 240, problem still exhists for me.

I just checked to see if my LCD Density was other than 240.. and it wasn't. This sucks.. lol.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
And if you have removed music.apk? Guessing that it could also be part of the culprit?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stock Droid here. 0 random reboots.

I did have a little issue with the update yesterday but a battery pull fixed it. No random reboots though.

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Its only with squidly the apk is on the sdcard at install the script form terminal emulator installs it, this is with my roms the thread started with randyb69 and this was the solution to my problems hopefully it can help others also

NeXtras

Reaction score
my phones been doing this too, reboots on an unlock randomly.. ive moved a bunch of applications to "Auto End list" thinking maybe the RAM was maxed out???..

I havent modified the phone at all.. no root, nothing..

any idea?

newk8600

Reaction score
Are you running a task killer? If so take it off and see if you stop getting them.