Droid 2 R2D2 missing paid apps

tecnologyman

Reaction score
[Update 10/01/10] Thanks for the responses everyone, but looks like Google updated the devices Id to the Android Market. My app's returned. Again thanks.

Hi everyone.
Today i bought the Droid 2 R2D2 edition, and the Market it's not displaying certain apps, including ones that I paid on the Droid 1.
Most of the apps are protected so I supposed thats the reason, I heard it also happened with the Incredible.
I'm just wondering if this is occurring to anyone else or just me, and if it happened on the normal Droid 2, and how much time (apx) it takes Google to add the device.
Appreciate any responses.

Last edited:

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dang, that's pretty sloppy of them.

If they don't show up by tomorrow I'd be on the phone to VZW with a stern tone...

OP
tecnologyman

tecnologyman

Reaction score
Well in my case I'll wait until Saturday or Monday before calling a Verizon rep. If by then if not fixed or hear something about it then the call is a go.

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Today i bought the Droid 2 R2D2 edition, and the Market it's not displaying certain apps, including ones that I paid on the Droid 1.
Most of the apps are protected so I supposed thats the reason, I heard it also happened with the Incredible.
I'm just wondering if this is occurring to anyone else or just me, and if it happened on the normal Droid 2, and how much time (apx) it takes Google to add the device.
Appreciate any responses.

Give it time for the market to be updated with the new device. Some of us running the R2-D2 ROM on our D2s are having the same problem. It's the same problem when Froyo started to leak for the D1 and apps were not showing up.

OP
tecnologyman

tecnologyman

Reaction score
Yeah I forgot about that, gotta be a little more patient.
(can't live without tetris ;))

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yeah I forgot about that, gotta be a little more patient.
(can't live without tetris ;))

Did R2D2 get root yet? If so, try the build.prop file that comes with the OEM D2 ROM. I attached it to this post, remember to backup your current one. After you have it copied over to the sytem folder, go to the applications in settings and delet cache and data for market, reboot phone and load up market. You should have to agree to the terms again. After that see if your apps show up. I think they are checking different ways now cause when I tried the D2 OEM build.prop the apps still did not show up.

OP
tecnologyman

tecnologyman

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, but currently I still haven't rooted the phone. Trying to see how it feels to be on stock no root for a week or so (last time I was on stock was when I bought the Droid 1 a year ago). I'll keep that in mind in case I root it before the week.
Again thanks for the help.