Droid 2 problems with Exchange 2007 sync + Skype

Nurhan

Reaction score
Droid 2 has two main problems with Exchange Servers. Once you add an Exchange server to the Droid 2 it forces you to create a PIN and from then on you are stuck with typing that PIN every time you want to open the phone. There is no way to change back. Second problem is with the Contacts list. Outlook 2007 Calendar and Mail synchronized nicely but not Contacts. I have 3400 active contacts in my Outlook 2007 and only about 80 were brought over to the Droid 2.
Verizon Wireless technician at the retail shops could not solve it neither did Motorola Second and Third level technicians (after sending them email messages).
Also the Skype icon after a couple of days changed to a Monitor + wheel icon and it says "com.skype" under it.
I hope Motorola will get their act together soon and resolve this. I have found out that Droid X had similar problems and if you used TouchDown program (which costs $19.99) Exchange problems evaporated. Motorola offered to Droid X owners free licenses of TouchDown), and I hope they will do the same to Droid 2 owners. Android 2.2 was supposed to resolve these issues with Exchange servers, but it seems it has not.

AndrewJ

Reaction score
This is not a problem with the Droid, it is a setting set by your Exchange Administrator to enforce on the phones that are connecting to their mail server.

As for the contact list, we have seen a similar problem but not sure of the cause at the moment on why some contacts are making it over and others are not.

OP
N

Nurhan

Reaction score
It is a problem of Droid 2 and even Motorola technical support has accepted it and supposedly they have fixed it and Verizon is supposed to be sending this fix to Droid 2 owners.
Our Exchange Administrator does not require it. I was so upset with having to type in a PIN everytime I had to use the phone that finally I gave up and spent $20 and installed TouchDown and now I am happy as a clam.
Nurhan