Droid 2 Pre Installed Apps

cholifoli

Reaction score
Ok, I'm new here. I just got my Droid 2 yesterday. I went into the market to update the preinstalled apps such as; adobe flash, maps, blockbuster, and my verizon. They are not there under downloads. They are on the phone, but they do not show up under "downloads", is this normal?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They are in your system files. The only way to remove them is to have root access. I prefer to root and use titanium to freeze the apps.

everstar80

Reaction score
Do you have them checked under automatic updates? That may be the problem. Also as far as flash is concerned I've heard that there may bean update early next week to fix some of the security issues. I would also watch some of the apps you do update and read the comments to make sure the update doesn't make the app worse or not work as well as the previous version. Welcome to the forum, you will get alot of great advice.

OP
C

cholifoli

Reaction score
I don't even have the option to update them. I go under downloads and they are not there. I checked on my friends brand new droid 2 and hers has kindle, flash, maps, and blockbuster listed on there as all needing updates. Nothing there on mine. And the apps I do have set to auto update wont do it. I'm considering taking it to the vzw store and swapping it for another droid 2.

OP
C

cholifoli

Reaction score
The preinstalled apps due not show up under downloads, therefore, I do not have the option to update them. I had the Incredible before I swapped it for the D2, and it had them on there.

everstar80

Reaction score
Call tech support and speak with a senior rep th see if they answer the question as to why your updates aren't showing up. They may be able to help you find out what the problem is with your device.

Polymira

Reaction score
If it is something ylh use just install it from the market, it will update after that...

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk