Delete pre-loaded apps without rooting?

Reaction score
Is there a way to delete pre-loaded apps without rooting? (Not going to lie, the thought of rooting terrifies me. I'm not particularly tech-savvy and would like jack it up.) There are several apps such as Blockbuster, Let's Golf 2, NFL Mobile, etc. that were pre-loaded on my Droid Incredible 2 that cannot be trashed like the apps downloaded from Market.

Thanks!

cutiedroid

Reaction score
It would seem to me that if it's an app that can be downloaded from the Marketplacess and installed then it should be that easy to un-install. My phone came with a racing app, took up a lot of space, and I deleted it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
C
Reaction score
It would seem to me that if it's an app that can be downloaded from the Marketplacess and installed then it should be that easy to un-install. My phone came with a racing app, took up a lot of space, and I deleted it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

I've tried deleting all of them, including the Let's Golf 2 game (which I would assume is similar to your racing app), but to no avail. :(

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
Most of these pre installed apps can not be removed. They are often referred to as "Bloatware". You can remove them if you root, however doing so often leads to serious issues updating to a newer version of the OS.

The best advice is to live with it *OR* root and FREEZE it. Whatever you do, don't get a task-killer, that just makes things worse!