Droid 2 Overclock settings trying to preserve battery life

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can you guys give me some help here. I am seemingly experiencing horrible battery life. I will post some screenshots later today of my days usage and current battery standings to show....but I thought I would show how my Overclocking is configured in hopes of you guys seeing something I could change to extend my batteries life.

I have my scales set like this
0c99b823-6f9b-94ce.jpg

but I am curious about this Ultra Low Voltage, low voltage and so on in here

0c99b823-6fbb-6cc2.jpg

I noticed that they have the same 1.25GHz that I have my phone clocked to now an option....but what is the difference between using Ultra Low Voltage vs the others or my current configuration? I do noticed that under ultra low voltage it says it can lead to serious boot loops but doesn't say that under low voltage.

Any help would be appreciated.

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just have this feeling that it is going to be something simple here to fix it. Maybe I should be trying the low voltage or something?

Anybody?

chaaaad

Reaction score
You're overclocked to 1.25 which will drain anyone's battery.
ULV and LV settings in Jrummy's app are just preset frequencies and voltages similar to the ones you set up in the advanced/custom menu. You can check the exact settings by setting the scaling frequencies and then moving over the side window. ULV and LV are the same frequencies but with different voltage settings.

If you're really looking to save battery, don't overclock. Underclock and undervolt your device and tweak the values until you find what works for you. All phones are different.

Last edited:

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Easiest way I've found to save battery is to pregressively underclock using profiles. I have mine oc'd to 1.3 but it drops as battery gets lower.

sent from a D2G with Liberty 2

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I noticed you made this thread a few hours after making the thread about the SPB 3D Shell. There have been reports of people using the SPB and Jrummy's Overclock and it was causing issues to the battery running both of these at the same time. Plus, you're on the leaked GB that still has bugs. I would be very surprised if none of these 3 things are causing havoc to your battery life. To me, running GB (bugs) and running SPB (some bugs and other issues), isn't a good combination on a phone.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure stock is medium voltage and 1ghz. I keep the frequency the same but set it at low voltage (too nervous to try UL). Sometimes I choose 900mhz LV. It seems to be working a little. Plus I used battery calibrator too and try to get in the habit of turning of data when I don't need it

Sent from my rooted DROID2

mtuchris

Reaction score
I experimented with mine till I got stable results at 2vsel less than the ULV options at both 1ghz and 1.2ghz. Don't be afraid to try ULV, just don't set it at boot right away. Test it for several days. With the setups above, and a VM heap of 32, and freemem at 50 I am running faster and more stable than it ever did stock (d2). If you have a task killer of any sort, ditch it and use the built in freemem options in D2 overclock if you desire.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I want to try ulv but it says it's risky (bootloops and all), but ill give it a go

Sent from my rooted DROID2