Droid 2 OTA Update soon?

rtfield

Reaction score
If we have a stock backup can we just restore that?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Lheage

Reaction score
The real question is it worth going back to the stock rom for the update so that I can get the update that has even more bloatware on it? Is the improved battery life significant? Seems the 3G fix is nice, but I don't have that issue much. There isn't a rom available yet for the new update, so I would be stuck right where I was after I rooted my phone with a crap load of extra crap. Is it worth it? *sigh*

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As long as I can still root it then I am good with it.

jediman

Reaction score
Stupid Q from me but..do you HAVE to be on stock rom to get the update?

I recently installed the 2.3.15 (which *could* be the same rom as the update I guess), and am not yet getting the OTA update.

So before I go and SBF back to stock, do I really need to?

I also snagged the posted blur.zip that I'm seeing going around..how would I manually install that?

I am rooted and nominally use Koush's bootstrap for installing roms (well the one lol).

Is there a place I can get the stock rom and just re-flash back to that and do the OTA from there without an SBF?

Reaction score
Yes. Updated and rooted.

Did you un-root first or just re-root after?

Just re-rooted after the upgrade. Upgrade applied fine while rooted.

Did you have to reboot from backup? I don't currently have bootloader or anything like that. I am however rooted and I have titanium backup installed. Would like the update, but I'm not willing to get it at the cost of root. I just need to know if I need a boot loader or anything in particular because I don't want to walk into this blind. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

dch921

Reaction score
So heard about the update around 2am this morning so I check and had an update for my phone. I am rooted, stock rom, bootstrap recovery. I downloaded and tried to install the update but it keep failing. I removed bootstrap recovery and it still fail. I removed root and it still failed top update. Now I check again it says my device is up to date in version 2.2.20.

my questions are
1. anyone else having the update fail on rooted phones
2. is there a manual update available yet

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So heard about the update around 2am this morning so I check and had an update for my phone. I am rooted, stock rom, bootstrap recovery. I downloaded and tried to install the update but it keep failing. I removed bootstrap recovery and it still fail. I removed root and it still failed top update. Now I check again it says my device is up to date in version 2.2.20.

my questions are

If you are missing any of the bloated apps then it will fail as well. I would wait because a dev will clean it up and send it out for us.

want a droid

Reaction score

my questions are

If you are missing any of the bloated apps then it will fail as well. I would wait because a dev will clean it up and send it out for us.
That's probably the best thing to do.

dch921

Reaction score

my questions are

thats what i was starting to think. was going to restore all the stock apps this morning and the update disappeared from my phone.

Thanks for the help

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OK I MAY have the ota but the guy who pulled it is not sure. Ima get with a dev and see what we can do with it.

michman

Reaction score
Just got my D2 couple weeks ago...

Anyone else not receive this update? not rooted...yet ;)