Droid 2 OTA Update soon?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
my idea failed just like i though it would........just have to wait for the superstar devs.

jasnmar

Reaction score
Cant they just push the update to everyone?

Sure they can, but they shouldn't. They want to test it with smaller groups first and identify any common problems. They also know that there will be a certain percentage of people who have problems anyway and need to make sure that all of those people don't call the same day :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

microsnook

Reaction score

Sure they can, but they shouldn't. They want to test it with smaller groups first and identify any common problems. They also know that there will be a certain percentage of people who have problems anyway and need to make sure that all of those people don't call the same day :)

So we play the waiting game!
Hopefully itll get pushed soon.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I suppose that's true because when the X people got their update they didn't receive a notice, they had to try their system update screen. I looked this morning and there it was.

I''ve noticed no difference in anything so far.

+ Background Email Sync during display inactivity for better
user experience

I don't understand what that means.

I see the tips in the Guided Tour Video. That looks good.

+ Faster transitions between Wi-Fi and 3G in data connection.

It may be faster. I just tried it, I had to wait a couple of seconds and then it switched to wifi.

+ Export all your contacts to the SD card

Yep, that's there now. Didn't realize it wasn't there previously, I know it was in the D1.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Has anyone tried doing a market download after this update? My market simply won't download anything.

A lot of people are having market issues today especially in the last few hours. It might be unrelated. You could try clearing data/cache for the market though.

Hypnotic

Reaction score
Has anyone tried doing a market download after this update? My market simply won't download anything.

A lot of people are having market issues today especially in the last few hours. It might be unrelated. You could try clearing data/cache for the market though.

Done that and still nothing :\

everstar80

Reaction score
I just went to the market for some upgrades on some apps, i didn't have any problems but i didn't try to download anything new. I hope whatever it is you are able to get it fixed. Good luck.

dast

Reaction score
OK I wanted share my experience with everyone.

The basics prior to update - Rooted D2, Stock ROM, Titanium Bakup, Root Explorer, and Droid 2 Bootstrap/recovery.

After the update I was getting root access denied with TB and RE. I turned off my D2 and removed battery, hoping this would fix the issues. No Luck.

Also wanted to add that when I turned my phone back on I had to reboot from D2 Bootstrap/recovery.

So I rerooted using the 1-2-3 easy root process, had to run it twice, but got it to work the second time.

Had to go in to TB and click problems? to allow BusyBox to be reinstalled.

Everything is up and running at the moment, and I keeping my fingers crossed.

Troutbeck27

Awesome! Your setup matches mine almost exactly, so maybe it's time to jump on in and update.

Side question: did you have any apps (especially built-in Motorola bloatware) frozen through TB before you updated? If so, did you have to do anything like un-freeze them before pulling the OTA? I'm concerned that frozen junk like CityID, NFS, AmazonMP3, etc, might muck up my update.

OP
R
Reaction score
I also cannot download things from the market. I've just rooted my phone about 10 minutes ago. I'm also getting incredibly low signal strength. I'm barely getting 1X, and ive got either 0 bars or 1.