Droid 2 Master Volume?

NateDawg879

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I have had a Droid 2 for 5 or 6 months now, and one of the things I cant figure out, and is really bugging me is the volume. On my previous phones (non-smart phone) the volume buttons on the side controlled all the sounds. On here, when there is nothing media related the volume buttons only control phone related sounds, and ringers. When there is media open, it will only control media related sounds, when navigator is open it will only control navigational sounds, and so on. So, my question is, can I make it so the volume buttons control everything? If not, is there anyway I can manage the volume without, lets say, having to go to a game that is playing sounds, just to turn media volume off? I hope you guys understand what I mean. Thanks for any help.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There are a few apps out there that will bring up a menu that has all the volume sliders so you fan individually control each volume setting. I've been using an app called quick settings that goes in your pulldown that does just that.

Edit: here's a pic

aefe565b-5b08-499a.jpg

tappin and a talkin