Droid 2 help

hmr44616

Reaction score
My phone is bricked and im trying to flash it with that sbf thing. It wont turn on at all it just sits at the logo screen, but now the battery is dead. So how do I get it to charge? It wont even go to the charging screen!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
do you have a friend with a droid 1/2 whose battery you can borow? i hae heard of a way to charge it by tearing up a usb charger but i'd have to find the instructions.

OP
H

hmr44616

Reaction score
I do, but I just want my phone to work! lol. It sucks. I was just hoping there was another way ;/

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
nope you can't sbf if the battery is dead or too low. what exactly did you do that got you here?

OP
H

hmr44616

Reaction score
Well... I wanted to take off the ROM that I had. but that didnt work out so well. It bricked and wont do anything. but i have everything I need to do the sbf but its dead... so I cant do it :/

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
now what do you mean by bricked and what do you mean it didn't go so wel? if the sbf finished but then it went in to a boot loop trying to start up then you can probably just go in to recovery and do a factory reset.

OP
H

hmr44616

Reaction score
Bricked as in it wont do anything but sit at the "liberty" screen. and didnt go well because it wont do anything :p and I have everything on my computer that is needed to sbf but then my phone died so I cant do it:/ and I already did factory reset.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i understand that but what i'ma asking is did you actually flash the sbf and that's when it went in to a bootloop? how far in to the process did you get? and fwiw it's not a brick unless it won't turn on.

OP
H

hmr44616

Reaction score
No I didnt get to flashing it. When I was about to it said it died. and oh sorry.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
was the phone plugged in to the computer when the battery died? like were you in the first stages of the sbf? sorry for all the questions, just trying to get a feeel for the situation.

OP
H

hmr44616

Reaction score
No, I downloaded everything. It was plugged in. But thats it. I didnt start anything.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's interesting. So the phone was running fine and then the battery died and it won't turn back on? Have you left it on the charger for a while?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk