Droid 2 Global Warranty Replacement

ExodusC

Reaction score
Hey guys. What with the new Gingerbread leak and such, I have some questions.

My Droid 2 Global has some serious dust under the screen, as well as a weird issue with the bottom bezel (or some kind of mesh) swelling under the digitizer. It's makes the phone really difficult to see in daylight (whereas I otherwise could see it).

I am to the point where I am willing to take my chances with a CLNR D2G from Verizon.

I have scoured Verizon's website, and I have no idea how to start the process. I also have some questions- will Verizon cross-ship or advance-ship a replacement phone to me? Do I need the UPC on the box? I had to ship it with my mail in rebate in order to get the $100 the phone when I bought it from Verizon.

Even if I get a crappy CLNR phone, I will fight Verizon to get a working one, or hell, maybe a Droid 3, since some others seem to have luck with it.

Can anyone give me any insight on how they sent their D2G back? How does the process work? Who do I call?

Thanks in advance, guys.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
They will send you a CLNR. You activate it, wipe your old phone's data and put it in the box. There is a return label in the box to ship your old phone back.

Random ROM'd X

justinmcox

Reaction score
assurion or 1 yr product warranty

If you pay the $6.99 per month for the warranty than you go to the website for assurion wireless. if you are still within your 1 yr warranty than you'll have to call motorola. that as far as i know.

Hey guys. What with the new Gingerbread leak and such, I have some questions.

My Droid 2 Global has some serious dust under the screen, as well as a weird issue with the bottom bezel (or some kind of mesh) swelling under the digitizer. It's makes the phone really difficult to see in daylight (whereas I otherwise could see it).

I am to the point where I am willing to take my chances with a CLNR D2G from Verizon.

I have scoured Verizon's website, and I have no idea how to start the process. I also have some questions- will Verizon cross-ship or advance-ship a replacement phone to me? Do I need the UPC on the box? I had to ship it with my mail in rebate in order to get the $100 the phone when I bought it from Verizon.

Even if I get a crappy CLNR phone, I will fight Verizon to get a working one, or hell, maybe a Droid 3, since some others seem to have luck with it.

Can anyone give me any insight on how they sent their D2G back? How does the process work? Who do I call?

Thanks in advance, guys.

OP
E

ExodusC

Reaction score
If you pay the $6.99 per month for the warranty than you go to the website for assurion wireless. if you are still within your 1 yr warranty than you'll have to call motorola. that as far as i know.
I do pay for the extended warranty and insurance.

If I file under Asurion I will have to pay a $100 deductible, it seems.

The device is still under 8 months old though- can I just file with the Motorola warranty instead?

justinmcox

Reaction score
motorola help

you can file it with motorola. i did for my D1 but it does take a long time. it took a month before i got my phone back and customer service does take a while. however, in theory they might take it and fix it for free.

OP
E

ExodusC

Reaction score
you can file it with motorola. i did for my D1 but it does take a long time. it took a month before i got my phone back and customer service does take a while. however, in theory they might take it and fix it for free.

Does Motorola advance-ship as described above, or will I go without my phone?

OP
E

ExodusC

Reaction score
If its within the first year they've always swapped it in the store for me. Thats if they have them though.
Really?...

Well, I'll give it a shot sometime soon then.

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Moto or verizon did not help me with the dust under the screen. They say that is user damage. So dont play on that.
Focus more on the mesh thing.
IF under a year, you can go to a verizon store and let someone look at it, or the easiest way is to call verizon and talk to someone and explain ALL the trouble your having. Normally they will overnight a replacement.
Then just mail yours back in the box that the replacement came with.

**** DO NOT do this if your real intentions are for the Droid 3! ****
If thats what your wanting sell the D2G and pay the difference!!