Droid 2 Global ROMs

draexo

Reaction score
Hi everybody, well I installed the Liberty 1.0 on my D2G, I know beatifull but bad idea! Now I cant make any call because air plane mode is on always, I am waiting for the D2G Fission 2.5.7 to be ready to migrate.

Meanwhile the fission 2.4.3 is a gud idea? Can i make calls with it? And its is working ok?

Hey, I can only speak for myself, but my D2G is great with fission 2.4.3. I haven't noticed any problems. I can make calls just fine to answer your specific question. Good luck
Unfortunately I have most of the "bugs" that draexo mentioned. My Ringtones and notification sounds constantly change to random videos I have on my sd card, games like angry birds (and a few others) wouldnt install as soon as I used the fission rom, and several other problems.

I used his ROM on my old D2 and I had similar issues that just never got resolved, so I went back to stock. Now since it's the only ROM on D2G, I got anxious waiting for new roms and bit the bullet. I mean, I figure, it seems like they put out a new version of Fission so often they must be fixing stuff, but unfortunately I was wrong. I'm just to lazy to flash back to stock atm.

Essentially there is no workable ROM for the D2G. Fortunately, I can get rid of the bloatware enough to keep me happy. I turned off Wifi (I do not really need it most of the time). Getting extended battery today. I am happy as I can be with no ROM. Actually I am pretty happy with the phone overall. Dang Motorola's eFuse technology!

jcl197

Reaction score
Ive been running Fission 2.4.3 on my D2G with no problems, had some minor issues at first. but then I flashed to SBF, and then loaded Fission and everything has been working great.

mreyn3693

Reaction score
I've been running fission without complaints for well over a week now and I just installed on my wife's d2g yesterday. So far she hasn't came to me wondering why such and such doesn't work anymore, so I think it's safe to say she is running it without problems as well. I guess it's just hit or miss. I'm just glad it went well with hers or else i'd be in trouble :icon_eek:

I thought my alarms suddenly quit working yesterday and today and I thought, well finally i'm noticing some bugs... then I realized that I was setting my work alarm which only repeats m-f lol.

draexo

Reaction score
I've been running fission without complaints for well over a week now and I just installed on my wife's d2g yesterday. So far she hasn't came to me wondering why such and such doesn't work anymore, so I think it's safe to say she is running it without problems as well. I guess it's just hit or miss. I'm just glad it went well with hers or else i'd be in trouble :icon_eek:

I thought my alarms suddenly quit working yesterday and today and I thought, well finally i'm noticing some bugs... then I realized that I was setting my work alarm which only repeats m-f lol.

You are lucky. Unfortunately what we do not know is the success rate of Fission installs on D2G's. Is it 95%? Is 98%? Is it 80%? I guess I could always install Fission and go back to stock afterward.... but I need to clear out a block of time to do that.

Next phone will be an HTC. I hear they LIKE alternative software!!

Mike Dee

Reaction score
I have also been running Fission 2.4.3 since the SBF became available, and I have not noticed a single bug. Everything works great, and I'm really happy with it! BTW, someone in the D2G forum seems to be working on porting Liberty ROM over to the D2G.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

draexo

Reaction score
Cool!
This is good to here. I have all the files here, just a matter of finding the time to do it all. Still not sure if I will do it or not.

lhowe24

Reaction score
I myself have flashed my Droid 2 Global, twice (note, the only reason I have a D2G is because it was a replacement from verizon, because all the other Droid 2's I got were defective). I used fission first, then got rid of it because it didn't really appeal to me (everything worked fine), and then I flashed the latest version of Liberty for Droid 2 and when I did it I noticed none of the apps I backed up to google were downloading, then I saw in the notification bar at the top and there was no 3G and it took me about 2 hours to reflash stock Froyo. Anyone know any good Roms other than fission for D2G?