Droid 2 Global on EDGE Ne etwork

pred8er

Reaction score
Hi All,

If I were to eventually get a droid 2 global unlocked phone, can i use it on my t-mobile EDGE network?

I recently got the droid 2 global on verizon but returning it due to the verizon coverage being crappy in my area.

However when i had the phone i cannot find the EDGE network settings anywhere, so just wondering if doing this would be possible?

I have checked on various sites and they say it supports the EDGE network, but i just cannot find the settings for it.

i ask because i only very rarely use the data, i got the $10 data plan on t-mobile and thats all i need.

i have a unlock iphone and when i want to use the edge network on t-mobile i had to use the t-mobile cellular data network code and that made the edge network available on my iphone.

i cannot find the settings o nthe droid 2 to enter this so wondering if anyone has any idea?

thanks

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If I was using tmobile I would get the g2 it is a solid android device.

OP
P

pred8er

Reaction score
i feel more comfortable on the droid 2 global :D

OP
P

pred8er

Reaction score
found out how to:

"If you want to use data, then you need to know the APN settings for the local network (google is your friend) and input that info into settings > wireless & networks > mobile networks > access point names

Should automatically pick up 3G after saving your APN settings"

Mastervader - could you help me out.

Im in Hong Kong. Purchased a SIM, the phone works! The 3G doesnt

What APN do I google? How, what, hugh? Help, never done this before.

Thanks for being there when I need u mastervater.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...al-international-calls-pre-paid-sim-card.html

thanks to ddckylec