Droid 2 Global on ATT...One step closer :-D

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Almost there...everything working but just have to figure out how to release it :)
This is with Fission ROM and have not tried OEM ROM yet...
D2GOnATT.png

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wouldn't this kinda be like putting a 4 cylinder engine in a Lamborghini?

DroidForums junkie!!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i must admit i would try this just to say i did it....then ill hurry up and get back on vzw before i drop a call.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i must admit i would try this just to say i did it....then ill hurry up and get back on vzw before i drop a call.

Haha to be fair to AT&T...I was a long time AT&T user, no not for iPhone and their service in my area was just a bit better than VZW. When I am in Grand Central waiting for train to leave I would have service with AT&T and none with VZW. The data speeds were also a bit better and never had a problem with dropped calls. In and around midtown manhattan data speeds did slow down but that was from everyone using the metoo iPhones...

I may have not left AT&T when I did if they did not take away my unlimited data package and then claim they can not give it back but I am sure I would have left eventually since they went from the carrier having the best phones to carrier having worst phones...

IslesFan

Reaction score

Haha to be fair to AT&T...I was a long time AT&T user, no not for iPhone and their service in my area was just a bit better than VZW. When I am in Grand Central waiting for train to leave I would have service with AT&T and none with VZW. The data speeds were also a bit better and never had a problem with dropped calls. In and around midtown manhattan data speeds did slow down but that was from everyone using the metoo iPhones...

I may have not left AT&T when I did if they did not take away my unlimited data package and then claim they can not give it back but I am sure I would have left eventually since they went from the carrier having the best phones to carrier having worst phones...

Ang, on the other side of the MTA, Penn Station has better Verizon coverage, even in the East River/North River tunnels into Penn. Many people I know who commute to the city via LIRR switched to VZW.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

Aside from coverage that's why I left (and why I stuck with them for so long). They did have the best phones for the longest time. By now they do have probably the worst lineup. They focused why to much (or where forced to) on the iPhone. I think that's one reason VZW won't get them, they have no desire to sell their soles to Jobs and Co.

A Nobody

Reaction score
cool so are you going to make it an app on the market or will this be part of a rom.

leobg

Reaction score
Let's leave aside those jokes about VZW and AT&T networks.

AngDroid, this is awesome news! For me, as neither VZW nor AT&T user, it is awesome news due to the fact I don't have to wonder how do I roam on either AT&T or T-Mobile while visiting the States with my Rogers SIM into the D2G.

leobg

Reaction score
Huh that thread was old :)
Yes - you can do that. Read here: xda-developers - View Single Post - Droid 2 Global on At&t?

E
dit: there is going to be update.zip you can use from CWM to enable/disable the lock, so you don't have to wonder with RadioComm. But note - this hack only works on original 2.4.29 firmware, does not work on 2.4.330 neither on the recently leaked Gingerbread (4.5.606)