Droid 2 Global needs ingredients for gingerbread

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Hey there, P3droid(he and his team just leaked the gingerbread update for the Droid X and Droid 2), is looking for to buy a d2g for about 200 so he could bring the gingerbread update to our d2g's.
his twitter name is p3droid

I apologized if this is in the appropriate forum
i figures i would place it here since its specifically for the d2g

pandabear

Reaction score
I've got a spare D2G I could probably sell/ let him borrow

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Wooooooooo Hoooooooooooo means that we are closer in getting GB to our phones dancedroid

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The best place to get in touch with him is either on MyDroidWorld or his twitter. Also, i think they were almost finished with it from a tweet he said about the time the x/2 versions were released.

OP
The Robot Cow

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Im interested how tbh's (team black hat: p3droids team) gb update will compare to the ota update whenever that gets released.
I was tempted into trying the d2's gb update but I decided the smart thing was to just wait. Its funny how it seems that dev teams seem to push out more content, and work harder than the big companies do.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Im interested how tbh's (team black hat: p3droids team) gb update will compare to the ota update whenever that gets released.
I was tempted into trying the d2's gb update but I decided the smart thing was to just wait. Its funny how it seems that dev teams seem to push out more content, and work harder than the big companies do.

Dont try to use the d2 update, it WILL perma-brick your phone unless im mistaken...... From what i understand this is the update that was rejected by verizon so it wont be much different i wouldnt think.

OP
The Robot Cow

The Robot Cow

Reaction score

Dont try to use the d2 update, it WILL perma-brick your phone unless im mistaken...... From what i understand this is the update that was rejected by verizon so it wont be much different i wouldnt think.

That's what I thought was gonna happen if I tried it.
Good thing I waited.

nova77

Reaction score
Question: if this build will barely be done, does this mean vzw still hasn't gotten it? Which could possibly mean that it could be our ota? Or what?...

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Our OTA is expected sometime within the week...I wont know as I keep my phone "un-OTAable"

Looking forward to p3droid and TBH's release.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Our OTA is expected sometime within the week...I wont know as I keep my phone "un-OTAable"

Looking forward to p3droid and TBH's release.

Haha I do too.... mines been on some rom since a few days after I got it. Wish they would hurry up and release the d2g gingie, especially now that its rooted!

Sent from my Liberated D2G

OP
The Robot Cow

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
A question about the OTA.
I remember reading somewhere that in order to recieve the update i need to remove root and bootstrap?
I wonder what P3 and his team are releasing tomorrow?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere that in order to recieve the update i need to remove root and bootstrap?

Whoever told you that fed you a line of crap. The only thing needed to get ota's is to be on the stock rom with all of the bloatware in place (unfrozen).

Releasing gingie root tomorrow, would be nice if we can get d2g gingie at the same time lol.

OP
The Robot Cow

The Robot Cow

Reaction score

Whoever told you that fed you a line of crap. The only thing needed to get ota's is to be on the stock rom with all of the bloatware in place (unfrozen).

Releasing gingie root tomorrow, would be nice if we can get d2g gingie at the same time lol.

Thanks for clearing that up for me