Droid 2 global gets hot

pxndx89

Reaction score
I need some help plz anybody out here can help me?....my phone gets hot really fast even if I use it for like 5 mns...I really want to stop this idk if is it my phone..any help plz

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Killerhimsa

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure its a droid 2g thing. Mine gets pretty hot sometimes if I'm playing video or a game and especially charging it.

OP
pxndx89

pxndx89

Reaction score
I kno right!....sux tho cus it gets on my nerves. Especially when I'm playing too...also I hate when is chargin

gthotie5

Reaction score
Same problem here.

OP
pxndx89

pxndx89

Reaction score
It sux man...need a new phone I guess

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Go to settings->Applications->Running services. End all services except for sync service (backup assistant), Data manager, and Google messaging service. Everything else, you can stop. Also, get a manual task killer. Works wonders on Froyo if you go through the trouble.

OP
pxndx89

pxndx89

Reaction score
I done that already...n the manual task killer is only for old phones actually if u have it on make the phone to have some problems even on verizon told me that n I heard that before so many times...but thanks

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure its a droid 2g thing. Mine gets pretty hot sometimes if I'm playing video or a game and especially charging it.
I'm pretty sure it's not a D2G thing. My phone only gets hot during charging, and even then it rarely happens.

OP
pxndx89

pxndx89

Reaction score
In my case it happen most of the times...like right now even if I dnt use it is hot n its been like this for a while now

iguanad

Reaction score
Mine gets hot when using 3G.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

captain howdy

Reaction score
For a while my phone was getting hot like 130 deg. I found out the problem was it was thing to connect to a wifi and kept trying over and over. Once I turned it off I never had a problem again.

warped1987

Reaction score
I'm on my 2nd D2G, first one didn't get as hot as this one. This one is mainly hot when chargin, running wifi heats it too when its always connecting. Lots of apps running in the background. Task Killers are bad. Just add up all the junk to ur phones Task Manager that comes with it, so when ur phone times out it closes the crap.

I do use Fast Reboot though, its a 1 click app that reboots all your running crap to free up RAM so ur phone runs smoother. Love it.

warped1987

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I've had a bad battery, but what's so awesome about Verizon is when you take in your phone and they give you a refurbished phone, they make you keep and transfer the battery. I would get a new one off ebay or something but I am not investing anymore money into this phone. I will just suffer with it's problems until my upgrade is ready.