Droid 2 Global - Cracked Screen - Help?

kz321

Reaction score
Hi, I recently ordered a replacement screen for Droid 2 Global (A956) but have no idea how to go about disassembling Droid 2 Global.

I've found some videos on disassembling the droid 2, however, but not the D2G. Can anyone help me out with my options here? There are like 20-30 cracks in my screen now (though it works fine) and I really want to replace the screen.

Anyone know instructions/a video that might help?

Thanks

stillwaiting

Reaction score
the only difference between the d2 and d2g is that the d2g has a sim card slot and the flash for the camera is a little different but i should think that replacing the screen would be the same as motorola didnt change anything about the screen between the d2 and d2g. but i may be wrong

Jonas

Reaction score
the only difference between the d2 and d2g is that the d2g has a sim card slot and the flash for the camera is a little different but i should think that replacing the screen would be the same as motorola didnt change anything about the screen between the d2 and d2g. but i may be wrong

You are correct to my knowledge on the hardware aspect. The software is very different, but as for installing a screen, you should be ok following a D2 instruction set, and using common sense if you see something different. Just be careful. If you break that LCD screen you're in a world of hurt. I'm guessing your spiderwebbed your phone? Meaning you have cracks originating from one or two spots and the pattern resembles a spiderweb.