droid 2 global bluetooth issue

versagirl

Reaction score
I am new to the droid forums, but hopefully you can help. I recently got a droid 2 global and when I pair it with my cars built in bluetooth (2008 nissan versa SL) it will pair fine. I go to make a call and the bluetooth is on, and the car says "telephone" shuts the radio off and whatnot but it does not transfer the voice to the speakers. I went back to verizon and they gave me a new phone thinking the other one was faulty but that was not the case, same problem. My husband has an original droid that works properly and I have a friend with a droid 2 (not global) that works fine as well. And I was told all the droid 2's are now global.....

anyone have this problem? or a possible fix? the phone does work with my garmin nuvi gps thru voice, but I prefur to use the car bluetooth

anguish

Reaction score
I can't offer any help, but I've read of similar issues elsewhere (perhaps the Motorola forums even).. You aren't alone with this though.

leobg

Reaction score
I had similar problem with a plantronics car speaker. Voice wouldn't transfer automatically to the bluetooth speaker unless I press and hold the answer button. Similarly - the bt speaker worked fine with my other phone and the old Milestone (Droid1). I think the issue is incompatibility between the D2G's bluetooth firmware and the bt speaker. I solved the problem by replacing the Plantronics device with a Motorola one (sure enough everything works perfectly now). Sure enough, of course, I am not recommending you to replace the car :), but FYI the D2G works excellent in my brother-in-law's 2011 Hyundai Sonata..
You can check with Nissan if they have some 'software updates' for the car's bluetooth system, but this is unlikely.