B

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
droidtwoglobalgetrdonedevteam.webs.com
I think the missing applets are DX apps (Most of the apps have the same names except a couple, rather than having two scripts, I just made one that removes either or).

I assume you have busybox, but yes even with that many commands are lacking. But heck...at the end of the day I guess it is just a phone (I cant believe I just typed that...) :)

tony_g

Reaction score
Again, you hit the nail on the head... I did notice 2 or 3 apps with DX in the name and was a bit wondering...

I also started reading up a bit on BusyBox and see there are some usage syntax issues I should have familiarized myself before I called it names... ;-) The version of busybox included in the z4root isntallation is actually pretty capable, and the applets come with many standard parameters, including those in ls and grep; even awk!

tony_g

Reaction score
@buryboi

I think there is a problem with the bloat script on my device: I run bloat -rm, found app not found, then I went to /system/shin and found bloat with 755 permissions. I then went to /???/app (forgot the directory...), but the bloat apps had not their extensions changed from apk to bak. I am not sure what's wrong, but I'm still rooted... Will play with reloaded stilt without the DX apps.

OP
B

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
Did you mean /system/sbin? You shouldn't have a /system/shin folder. Regardless, the script needs to be in /system/xbin to be executable.

If it is in a different folder you'll have to navigate to that folder in terminal and type ./bloat -rm

tony_g

Reaction score
Sorry for the typos; it was /system/xbin and /data/app. For some reason, the script doesn't work on my D2G. I'm rooted, have su permissions, can explore the directories, see the /system/xbin/bloat with 755 permissions, but when I try to run the script, I get : applet not found and all my bloatware is still there, with apk extensions... When I run

# busybox find / -name "Block*.apk",
I get
/system/app/Blockbuster.apk

Don't really know why the script fails...

OP
B

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
Is your busybox instance in /system/xbin or /system/bin? If you type "bloat" does it show Usage commands or applet not found? Wait....I think I got it.

I think you said you modified the script. How did you do that? Sometimes saving the modified script screws up the format. Try this:

Open terminal on the D2G and navigate to the folder you have bloat in, which you said was /system/xbin. Type the following:

Code:
$su

#busybox mount -orw,remount /system

#dos2unix bloat

Then type "bloat" and see if you get usage commands. If you do, type "bloat -rm"

tony_g

Reaction score
@buryboi, you are a champ!

To avoid introducing those pesky end-of-line DOS characters etc, I used MKS's vi to edit and save the script an a WinXP laptop, but even that clearly did not prevent the problem. However, after issuing the command

busybox dos2unix bloat

everything worked as it should. Thank you!

bmoney1229

Reaction score
This method is GREAT! I tried the Fission rom but didn't like it because it removes too many stock apps/options and it seemed a bit buggy to me. This option allows the user to "remove" only the specified apps. Thanks to the OP for the work on this

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

bmoney1229

Reaction score
I'm a Droid noob, so go easy on me... does anyone know how to get rid of VZ Backup Assistant and DLNA? I thought this script would do the trick but they are still installed on my phone

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
B

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
@bmoney, Backup Assistant can be removed, however it does cause some issues if you need to do a factory reset. For that reason, it has been left off the list. DLNA, is safe to remove, I just didn't put it in the script.

nedry

Reaction score
Is there a description anywhere of what each of these apps are? How did you come up with the list, trial and error?

I need to add back the 3g Hotspot, do you know which one it is?

amazonmp3_1_8_14_signed_zipaligned_Signed_2010-09-09_15-23-51.apk
Blockbuster.apk
CityID.apk
FriendFeed.apk
Kindle-1_0_2-OEM-SingleSign_Signed_2010-09-20_17-31-57.apk
Mynet.apk
MyVerizon.apk
NewsWidget.apk
PerformanceManager.apk
Skype_mobile.live.apk
SocialMessaging.apk
SocialShare.apk
vnav_6.1.0.160_Droid2Global_rel_PROD_signed.apk
Vvm.apk
WeatherWidget.apk
WorldClockWidget.apk

avilaenterprises

Reaction score
please help w advice

hi i replaced the front glass on my droid 2 a955. its in and went together pretty good. i just cant get it to power back on. i swaped the camera and power buttons around just to be sure they werent in the wrong place. they are fine. i plug the phone in and the moto m symbol shows up but that is it. i cant get it to power on now... what do i need to do? ive spent hours searchin online for awnsewrs

Steffylicious

Reaction score
I ran this script ages ago, and it was pretty awesome.

However, the other day I tried to re-add the bloat in order to get my phone ready to update to Gingerbread.
Apparently I'm missing the file "com.vzw.hss.myverizon-2.apk". It's completely disappeared, and there's no backup of it either.

Would this prevent me from being able to update to Gingerbread? Because my phone keeps insisting that I'm up to date.