Droid 2 froyo->GB bootloop issue.

JMarquette

Reaction score
All,

I have researched this and I am totally stumped. I have a droid 2 going from froyo 2.2 to Gingerbread.

I downloaded Monster_D2_2.3.2_4.5.153.zip and droid 2 bootstrap. I put my phone into recovery mode and navigated to the zip. Found the zip, and started the update. Update fails on phone. Phone reboots, get into the standard bootloader screen.

Infinite loop insues.

Things I have tried:
1. pulled battery, waited, rebooted. yes, I know to hold down power and x, I never, never get to the recovery manager.
2. I can't sbf my phone (RSD Lite version 4.7 + Patch) (I have successfully done this before as well) because RSD errors with: Error sending JUMP command Device API Error:

I can't even get to the SD card to load an image.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks.

OP
JMarquette

JMarquette

Reaction score
fixed

If anybody was curious I did end up fixing my problem.

1. Whatever SBF I was using was incorrect, I ended up using: DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL.sbf

2. I scrapped using RSD Lite. I keep receiving varied errors ranging from: Error on JUMP.,etc. I'm sure I had a mis-match on drivers. I did download the motohelper.exe and updated to the newest.

3. I ended up using sbf_flash on ubuntu. There are instructions out there if you are not familiar running from a command line. This worked flawlessly.

Hope this helps anybody, I know I have received a lot of information on this site that has helped me.

Cheers,
JM