DROID 2 Dilemma!!!

Dr. Kevorkian

Reaction score
Okay i've been out of the loop for a little so bare with me on this one ...

1.) I just recently seen that my liberty rom was out of date 1.5 so i went to my liberty tool box and went into nightlies the only one in there was v.07 so i downloaded it went into bootstrap recovery wiped data and cache and the whole 9. I then went into recovery and wiped everything again then installed from sd card. installation was successful my droid 2 went to boot up and got stuck at the boot logo turned the phone on and off and it never made it pass the yellow fist. SO i decided to recover my back up rom which loaded right up and this is where I sit.

2.) Upon recovering my backup rom everything on my phone was wiped including my gmail account which i have forgotten my password to and google doesn't have live support and their dip ****s anyway i can't get all the apps i purchased from the market like liberty tool box donate and ect. SO now My head hurts and I'm in need of guidance on what to do.

3.) right now I've been to different sites and forums read tutorials and watched some.

A.) Should i or do i have to sbf back to stock froyo then get gingerbread 2.3.3 rooted ?

B.) can i go right to gingerbread or do i have to follow the yellow brick road ?

Any help with this complete melt down and saga would be apreciated Thanks !

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
Nightlies is for gingerbread only you were on froyo. Basically sbf back to froyo and then restore your nandroid backup. I would suggest switching to gb though because its pretty good and nightlies are running stable and quick with great battery life. Btw you just need to find the rooted deodexed gb, standard wipes and flash it, then go back and install nightlies. One more thing you will need your google account password so try and find it out. Good luck.

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
When you get back to froyo rooted its just an update.zip that you do in recovery.

OP
D

Dr. Kevorkian

Reaction score
okay so let me just make this clear when i go back to recovery go to restore and click on stock froyo?

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
Nope, from your phone right now(guessing its still in the screwed up state) you would sbf back to froyo. Then root it. Here is where you have options. You can 1. restore your liberty nandroid backup. 2. Use the GB update.zip to get to a rooted /deodexed state.(if you do this you will need your google password to get your apps back)

Edit: I am suggesting SBFing because im not sure what kind of stuff may happen from putting a GB rom on a froyo build and restoring a backup. Just seems better to start from the beginning again.

Last edited:
OP
D

Dr. Kevorkian

Reaction score
Yeah i see exactly what your saying right now i'm back at version 2.3.20 so from here find a deodexed gb and flash it ? correct ?

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
You can now restore your nandroid back up from liberty or yes you can go to GB using the. Zip file. Just make sure its the rooted,deodexed version made specifically for the droid 2 if you purchased the TBH app its in there. And once again try and get your google password. Its important to know if you are going to be messing with roms because of the amount of wipes you have to do.

John Gi

Reaction score
quick question how do u make the backup again?

*nandroid backup

OP
D

Dr. Kevorkian

Reaction score
yeah your telling me the wont let me answer a security question for five days what kind of b.s. is that ...one last question i hope its the last i've downloaded like four or five d2gbrooteddeodexed links and i cant get them to open in rsd lite v4.9 ? why may this be ?

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
You can either do it using rom manager from the market or using koush's bootstrap app. Rom manager is easier but doesn't always work for me. I would suggest the bootstrap app to boot into recovery and scroll down to backup/restore and hit backup

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
You don't do it rsd you do it through recovery, using bootsrap or rom manager. Flash it just like a rom.

OP
D

Dr. Kevorkian

Reaction score
yeah thanks man im trying to downlad rom manager but the market is messed up on my phone my phones completely back to stock i dont even think its rooted anymore i'm trying to download root checker as well but neither one of them are downloading i have droid 2 recovery bootstrap apk. saved on my sd card but i cant get into recovery now !