Droid 2 Data Sync

bnz4me

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and to the android system...I just bought a Droid 2 the other day and am really happy...except for the battery life (I've checked the other threads and implemented some changes to see if that'll help with the battery life).

I have a question though. I added this widget (I think it's MOTO's widget) that lets you toggle bluetooth, GPS, wifi, brightness, and something else. I'm not sure what this something else is. It's two curved arrows forming a circle. Can someone explain what this button is and what it does?

At this point, the only thing I need running is my gmail. I'd like for the phone to consistently check my gmail for any new emails (that's the main reason I got the phone).

Thanks in advance for your help!

OP
B

bnz4me

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. So if I turn this off, does it mean that the phone won't automatically notify me when emails have arrived?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. So if I turn this off, does it mean that the phone won't automatically notify me when emails have arrived?

I think it shuts off all data transfers. I don't think you will get the emails until you reactivate that button.