Droid 2 Corporate Contacts wrong

Reaction score
This is terrible. As far as I'm concerned, Motorola has to fix the following issues ASAP:

- Contacts not syncing in full via Exchange
- There should be an option for syncing 'Suggested Contacts" from Outlook 2010 (although this can be done from Outlook side if necessary)
- There should be an option to only sync Facebook contacts with existing contacts. Or at least to not sync contacts at all, so that you can use other Blur Facebook features.

I'm running Outlook 2010 on Exchange 2007.

I have 10 days to return this phone, which I think I'm going to have to do because I cant use this as my primary work device -- I cant even see who is calling me since most of my contacts wont sync.

Otherwise, I think the phone is great. I had the original Droid since Day 1 and up until yesterday. I like the stock Android 2.2 e-mail client over the Blur version, but I can get used to Blur and I like all of the new features, and certainly the upgraded hardware.

Please Motorola come out with a fix soon.

Is Mororola even aware of this issue?

Silver96Z28

Reaction score
Some of the contacts for me that don't sync have a Category set in Outlook. It is strange because I have contacts that have a category set, but they still sync. I also have contacts that have no category set and they don't sync.

So I've tried this for 8 contacts so far and they have all showed up on my phone. If I open the contact and click on the "Clear All Categories" the contact gets sync'd to my D2.

I just did another test, on the contacts that had no Category and still did not sync to my D2. I set a category, saved, then opened the contact again and cleared the category. The contact was then sync'd to the D2.

I would really hate to clear my categories on all my contacts. I hope they fix this fast, or else it is back to my Blackberry.

Can anyone else confirm this work around on their D2?

mattmonsour

Reaction score
and add another. Using exchange 2007. Just like everyone else, e-mail and calendar seem fine but a seemingly random (and very small) subset of my contacts come through.

Anyone know where to look for a fix or have any suggestions of something to try? I'm new to Android so am feeling particularly lost.
Until Motorola gets their act together, try the program called "Touchdown for Exchange" from the Market. There's a free trial, I believe it's 30 days.

It works fairly well although I don't think it integrates as well as Corp Sync does.

Your other option is to return your Droid2 and try a Droid X, as it presently doesn't seem to suffer from these issues. (Hopefully it won't "gain" them when they update it to Android v2.2 like the Droid2 shipped with.)

Droid X's have been sold out here for weeks. Had put down a deposit to reserve one but the 2 came out first (and I was glad because of the keyboard) not so much now w/ the contact issues, but hopefully it will be resolved quickly.

I'll give the touchdown thing a try, thanks for the suggestion!

rexi1982

Reaction score
It seems to be pulling addresses from every person I ever sent a message to, because that is all I have in my freaking contacts, along with my Facebook 'friends'. Ton's of addresses that have never been an actual contact, nor in the GAL.

And of course, all my actual contacts I need are no where to be seen. Good times.

Outlook 2010, look at the Reccommended Contacts, Moto's corp sync brings them over too.

cuzlion

Reaction score
I am doing corporate sync with our company exchange server 2003. So far I have had no problems at all, the Droid X I had and the Droid 2 both work as well as my Touch Pro 2. Cuz.

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
Okay, I had been having all the same problems everyone else is with the Droid 2 and exchange contacts only syncing some contacts. I read over on the motorola forums to delete the categories associated with a contact. So, I went through all my contacts and removed the categories. Then removed the corporate account from my phone and then readded it back into the phone and it then synced all the contacts right away. I had over 600 contacts and not one of them are missing now on the phone. I know some of you will not want to remove categories, I can understand. The only other thing that will work until Motorola will get a fix is to download Touchdown and use the 30 day free trial as others are posting no problems with Touchdown and the syncing of contacts. I figure it won't be hard to set up categories again later as it was more important for me to have my contacts on my phone. Hope this helps someone.

kevroc

Reaction score
I'm having the same problems with contacts as well. I'm not about to monkey with the categories to try to get it to work. I've about had it with the phone, I can't stand the PIN code lock screen, I can't stand flash (slows down sites just for ads, great). I'm having constant connection issues transitioning between wifi/3g. My 3G speeds are really slow. I can't sync all of my favorites from IE with all the folders, on and on and on. I do like the phone (hardware wise) but man android really seems rough around the edges.

pfn2010

Reaction score
Okay, I had been having all the same problems everyone else is with the Droid 2 and exchange contacts only syncing some contacts. I read over on the motorola forums to delete the categories associated with a contact. So, I went through all my contacts and removed the categories. Then removed the corporate account from my phone and then readded it back into the phone and it then synced all the contacts right away. I had over 600 contacts and not one of them are missing now on the phone. Hope this helps someone.

Confirmation that, without deleting and re-adding the corporate account, clearing contact categories resolved the sync issue with Droid 2 connecting to our Exchange 2007 server (running Office 2007).

inbelm

Reaction score
Corporate contact sync now works!

Motorola/Verizon just released an OTA update yesterday. Unlike Droid, the Droid 2 can actually request this update with the system update.

What I did:

1) Factory reset the phone.
2) Skipped all setup options, including Gmail & backup assist
3) Went to settings - System update
4) updated package.
5) Downloaded upate
6) installed update
7) phone rebooted
8) added account - corporate account
9) watched the magic.

Everything synced perfectly.

- Jim

Tomar

Reaction score
Hoo boy yeah. I can confirm that this update fixes syncing. My client's Droid 2 was only pulling over maybe 30 out of her 500+ contacts. I was starting to panic a bit since I needed the phone configured by the the end of the day (she's a field rep). I wiped, ran that update and voila, all 500+ contacts pulled down, no hitches, no missing data. Thanks for the update, Moto!

Ritz

Reaction score
No, my nk2 file didnt get moved to the new profile when i switched to Exchange. I was just too lazy. These are definately old contacts that got deleted. If you go to view groups on the D2, its showing all of these old groups that were deleted years ago...

I wiped the phone, but its not looking good at this point.

I am experiencing same thing. Old Contacts and groups that were deleted a while back are being fetched on the D2. I have also tried a factory reset without any good. I am on phone with D2 - Level 2 tech support. I am pushing them to acknowledge it s a bug and find a fix for it.

Reaction score
No, my nk2 file didnt get moved to the new profile when i switched to Exchange. I was just too lazy. These are definately old contacts that got deleted. If you go to view groups on the D2, its showing all of these old groups that were deleted years ago...

I wiped the phone, but its not looking good at this point.

I am experiencing same thing. Old Contacts and groups that were deleted a while back are being fetched on the D2. I have also tried a factory reset without any good. I am on phone with D2 - Level 2 tech support. I am pushing them to acknowledge it s a bug and find a fix for it.

Yea, I switched to the X, and it did the same thing on 2.1, and I just updated to 2.2. Same issue.....Tons of old contacts and groups long gone are all showing up....

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've seen this as well, I think, but wasn't sure what was happening.

I'd have a contact that would be linked to one or two other contacts, both of which would be the same contact as the original, but with minor differences...almost like I was getting first, second, third generations of the same contact when I made edits to it.

I have unlinked the contacts, confirm which was the "real" one, and deleted the others. It's a pain, though, since you have to look at every one to see if it has this duplication issue...

Now that I've seen this thread, it makes a bit more sense.

I also have a "ghost" calendar...when I look at "Calendars" in the Calendar settings, I see two exchange calendars listed - one is clearly an old calendar backup that I have deleted, but it still shows up on the Droid for some reason...