droid 2 charging issues

jonmchugh

Reaction score
Hey guys, been having some problems with my droid 2 as of late. it is rooted running on a liberty rom. i think there is either something wrong with the charging port or the battery..not sure which one. It takes a while for me to get the phone to charge. I have to mess with the charging cable and get the droid in the right spot for it to charge. if i knock it loose or something like that it won't charge.... when i get it to work, it works fine. today at work, i have it charging and listening to online radio. when I got to work today it was at 80 & battery now it's at 15%. the phone is draining when it's charging. at least today anyways. I am up for a upgrade in november. the phone is not under warrenty. i may buy another phone on craigslist for the time being. any thoughts would be great.

thanks.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The charge port is broken. The only fix is seeing a technician with soldering experience.

OP
J

jonmchugh

Reaction score
hey guys, my phone has been dead for the last hour or so. I have gotten the liberty logo to turn on but it goes off right away. i have tried wiggling the phone around to a certain position but i am fearing that the phone is dead. it's the wieredest thing because it worked just fine last week and I just stated noticing the problem last weekend. well I am up for a 2 year renewal in novemeber, maybe verizon will let me upgrade early since my phone is completely dead. we'll see.