droid 2 calander issues

trbo323

Reaction score
Ok so I just got my droid 2 and im having issues adding events to my calander. Whenever I try a message pops up saying that I must first sync a calander from somewhere like gmail or facebook, but the thing is I don't have any calenders set up on any site or computer for that matter. But even if I sync a blank calander that's fine I just want to be able to use the calander on my droid you know? Is that really so much to ask for? I talked to a rep at Verizon today and he said its a setting in gmail that is preventing me from using my calander, I went and looked at my settings on gmail and either I'm blind or its not there. Thanks for any help

OP
trbo323

trbo323

Reaction score
nobody can help me with this?

harrellj

Reaction score
First things first, if you go into the calendar app > menu > calendars, does it have anything listed in there? If no, then go to http://calendar.google.com and login with your phone/gmail account. As weird as it sounds, a lot of the various Google applications actually require you to sign up on their site first.

If yes, make sure that the calendar is set to be visible and sync.

I'm using a D1 though, so I'm not sure if Motorola touched the calendar app or not.

OP
trbo323

trbo323

Reaction score
ya i can get into the calender but it just wont let me add any events. I talked with another verizon rep and she said to connect my phone to my computer but that will have to wait till next week as my computer is about 200 miles away at school. so im going to try that and ill get back to you

thanks for the reply

OP
trbo323

trbo323

Reaction score
Ok so I got it onto my computer and no luck. Irk what to do anymore it still says I have to synch a colander before it will allow me to add an event. I didn't think a working calender was this hard to come across

Any ideas? How did you get your calender working?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

harrellj

Reaction score
I had no problems, but I'm using the D1. You didn't answer me about whether you have anything listed if you go to the calendar app > menu > calendars.

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I just added my Daughters birthday to my calander to check out the problem, it is on 2/13. Had no problem.

Check your settings Home>Settings>MyAccounts>Google a screen comes up, put checks in all three boxes and then try again. Hope this works, as I do not keep a cal on line with my google acct.

OP
trbo323

trbo323

Reaction score
So iv tried going into and synching my google account like you said but there's not 3 boxes, only 2. One for the google account and one for the email from that account. Iv tried with them synched and without, no luck. I feel like there should be a 3rd box for the calender synch but there isn't. What should I try next?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Kessler J

Reaction score
I tried using my Droid 1 as a colander once and it broke

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just to be clear for you, Your computer really has nothing to do with gmail.... i guess you can access you gmail through your computer but thats not necessary. Google calandar is based on googles server. Thats on the net. So all the application does really is update googles calendar when you add events. What i suggest first is to go to your Computer as this is easy to set things up. Go to Google Then login. on top left middlish of screen click the "more" button then "even more" then goto calendar on the right. This is the caladar that will pop up through that app...(in simple terms lol) So add a random event, then goto the calandar app on phone and see if its their. (make sure tha tyou are signed in under that email btw)

Alternativly you can probably download a blander caladar app from the market... but the native one should work. If non of this works then please describe exactly what you are doing and i will try to walk you through whats going wrong. (if im still on that is..)

OP
trbo323

trbo323

Reaction score
Just to be clear for you, Your computer really has nothing to do with gmail.... i guess you can access you gmail through your computer but thats not necessary. Google calandar is based on googles server. Thats on the net. So all the application does really is update googles calendar when you add events. What i suggest first is to go to your Computer as this is easy to set things up. Go to Google Then login. on top left middlish of screen click the "more" button then "even more" then goto calendar on the right. This is the caladar that will pop up through that app...(in simple terms lol) So add a random event, then goto the calandar app on phone and see if its their. (make sure tha tyou are signed in under that email btw)

Alternativly you can probably download a blander caladar app from the market... but the native one should work. If non of this works then please describe exactly what you are doing and i will try to walk you through whats going wrong. (if im still on that is..)

so i did what you said, added a random event, no beans. the "sync calender" option does not show up under my accounts, the link from the last post said if this happens i may have to preform a factory reset on my phone, something id like to avoid if possible

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I did a search on what/how to a factory reset is/does & how to. The simplest method I found is here: how to reset Motorola Droid 2 to factory settings? | Verizon Cell Phones

I would not worry about loosing my downloaded apps. You just go back to market and go to my downloads and get your paid apps downloaded again. You would have to go find the free ones all over.

I would make sure my calender worked properly before I put any apps back on the phone.

OP
trbo323

trbo323

Reaction score
ok so idk what i did yesterday but it seems it just need a good nights rest to allow itself to work. this morning i got up and it was working, had the junk event i had on gmail and will allow me to add new events now. thanks guys