Droid 2.2 Froyo Freezes Constantly After 2 Weeks!

Kvalte

Reaction score
So I had the 2.2 leak with the 800mhz kernel. Everything has been working fine for 2 weeks and now it is freezing all of the time. I had to take the battery out every minute for almost an hour. I went to a backup of the earliest time i had 2.2 and it still was freezing constantly.
I then backed up to Sholes Mod then Updated to DroidMod1.0. Everything was working fine with that. I then flashed clockwork and downloaded Bugless Beast v.02 and thought everything would be okay and its just as bad.
What gives? It worked perfectly and now no 2.2s work on my phone:/

OP
K

Kvalte

Reaction score
yeah i did. I was actually downloading a file from AndTorrent app when it started to happen but I deleted it and i still the problem. I thought a wipe and recover would help but obviously not.

jaed569

Reaction score
Are you wiping your data and cache before you are installing the ROMs? This is a common mistake but makes a big difference. Especially with this experimental ROMs, it is really important to remember to do that.

Let me know if you don't know how

J

Johnly

I heard the latest base-band release was causing some people grief, but when the went to the first release, it ran fine.

OP
K

Kvalte

Reaction score
Are you wiping your data and cache before you are installing the ROMs? This is a common mistake but makes a big difference. Especially with this experimental ROMs, it is really important to remember to do that.

Let me know if you don't know how

I have just been doing the factory reset. I just wiped the cache which I actualy havent done. Ill see how it runs.

I heard the latest base-band release was causing some people grief, but when the went to the first release, it ran fine.
I have the latest baseband. I thought it has been great but it just happened randomly today after about since it came out. These problems are strange haha. Do you have a link for the baseband under the newest one?

THanks for the tips guys.

OP
K

Kvalte

Reaction score
gahh its still not working. now it freezes at the google sign in page and gets extremely hot.

J

Johnly

gahh its still not working. now it freezes at the google sign in page and gets extremely hot.
It is the first baseband froyo that is helping some:) If your phone isn't taking the new software (some people aren't having luck) go back to something stable for now. There is a TON of awesome 2.1 ROMdiculous goodness;)

OP
K

Kvalte

Reaction score
Does anyone think that theres maybe some file in the root that happened to get messed up? I didnt do anything unusual today it was working perfect. Perhaps theres something in the root that got left behind from something thats interfering? i dont know just a thought.
Just want to see what you guys think because I dont understand how this happened so randomly and froyo leak 1, 2 , and both bugless beasts dont work.
thankss

EDIT 6/17
So everything was working last nightand it froze this morning. I went back to droidmod1 and still freezing. I noticed that it was checking for SD card errors forever. My phone worked fine without the card and with my friends. I can still see my nandroid backups so recovery still so I'm hoping I can mount to the PC using sprecovery, grab my files and thenformat on the PC after work.

Last edited:

workinhd

Reaction score
Does anyone think that theres maybe some file in the root that happened to get messed up? I didnt do anything unusual today it was working perfect. Perhaps theres something in the root that got left behind from something thats interfering? i dont know just a thought.
Just want to see what you guys think because I dont understand how this happened so randomly and froyo leak 1, 2 , and both bugless beasts dont work.
thankss

EDIT 6/17
So everything was working last nightand it froze this morning. I went back to droidmod1 and still freezing. I noticed that it was checking for SD card errors forever. My phone worked fine without the card and with my friends. I can still see my nandroid backups so recovery still so I'm hoping I can mount to the PC using sprecovery, grab my files and thenformat on the PC after work.
Mine is doing the same thing. I will try the sd card trick.

OP
K

Kvalte

Reaction score
thankss

EDIT 6/17
Mine is doing the same thing. I will try the sd card trick.

It worked for me! So hopefully it works for you too. I mounted my phone to a pc with SP Recovery and i was able to take all of my files and put them on the pc. I then right clicked the mounted card and hit format. It was taking forever so i hit cancel...dunno if you should do that. But then i loaded it back up in my phone and rebooted and it said "Blank SD Card." I went in the settings on the Droid and hit format and that was it. Formatted in a matter of seconds and havent had a problem all day.

workinhd

Reaction score
So far so good. I am amazed at how much junk was on my SD card.

gszeman

Reaction score
It sounds like it's a bad file on your sdcard. I would copy your sdcard to your pc and do a wipe of data, cache, boot and system. Then format your sdcard. Install a fresh ROM and see how it goes. Then you can add back only the files you need (music, pics, backups) from the files you copied over to your pc.

Good luck.