Droid 2.0.1 Update Question

LastBoyScout

Reaction score
How can I tell if I have the new Droid update or not?

When i go and look at the info about my phone the version just says 2.0

Does it still say that after the update?

Only reason I ask is that I havent been prompted to install it yet and a few VZ reps told me that they didnt know of any update for the Droid coming out anytime soon.

I wasnt sure if I ended up getting the update when the VZ reps did the intial phone programming this past Tues.

Thanks

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How can I tell if I have the new Droid update or not?

When i go and look at the info about my phone the version just says 2.0

Does it still say that after the update?

Only reason I ask is that I havent been prompted to install it yet and a few VZ reps told me that they didnt know of any update for the Droid coming out anytime soon.

I wasnt sure if I ended up getting the update when the VZ reps did the intial phone programming this past Tues.

Thanks

All updates with be pushed out by Dec 11th 23:59pm. You haven't passed the deadline for the update to be 'pushed' to your device so I wouldn't worry. There is 100% an update coming your way, it is firmware version 2.0.1

it's ALL over the forums :)

OP
LastBoyScout

LastBoyScout

Reaction score
Oh, Im not worried, just jealous of all the other Droid owners who have already been prompted....

windstrings

Reaction score
Don't be jealous. Read the other thread about the browser sucking after the update.

There are only a small number of people complaining of that and I thats usually with the default browser which may be the culprit.

I for one did the manual and dont have any lag..... dolphin browser is faster and smoother than the default anyway and it has pinch zoom.

pilot25

Reaction score
Don't be jealous. Read the other thread about the browser sucking after the update.

There are only a small number of people complaining of that and I thats usually with the default browser which may be the culprit.

I for one did the manual and dont have any lag..... dolphin browser is faster and smoother than the default anyway and it has pinch zoom.

I don't like pinch zoom and love the stock browser. It's about the only thing I can say doesn't need changing on this thing. Dolphin isn't my fav. Therefore I'm a bit concerned about updating because my browser is running smoothly right now.

windstrings

Reaction score
I don't like pinch zoom and love the stock browser. It's about the only thing I can say doesn't need changing on this thing. Dolphin isn't my fav. Therefore I'm a bit concerned about updating because my browser is running smoothly right now.

thats ok... I found it faster than than trying to hit that little - .... + on the bottom.
I guess its a preference..... I like it way more than I thought I ever would.

OP
LastBoyScout

LastBoyScout

Reaction score
im glad to know that dolphin is running faster.

after waiting and waiting for the iPhone to hit verizon, i am excited about droid and think its better than the iphone. i just miss having 2 finger zoom on some of the apps like google maps....

OP
LastBoyScout

LastBoyScout

Reaction score
well, my phone finally showed that there was an update available at 5:45am CST.

better late than never Verizon...

does seem a little faster, and i prefer the new lock screen