Droid 1 - The resurrection

chewy74

Reaction score
Like many of you I'm still hanging on to my D1 until the next upgrade. It was looking to be a rough two weeks until I hopefully get my gnexus. I couldn't answer incoming calls half the time because it would freeze at a black screen. Any incoming txt would lockup my phone and cause everything else to fc or be killed. Launcher redraws, soft reboots, notification misses, duplicate txt it got to be too much.

I saw this and decided to give it a try.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=177077
If you have FC, lag, sounds, etc and think your og droid HW is failing - READ THIS.

My phone feels new. There's a huge noticeable improvement in performance and lag. Don't know about battery life yet as I did this late in the day. So far every issue I listed above has been resolved. My camera actually works and doesn't lock up my phone after 1 picture and I never thought I'd see that happened on this ROM.

Only regret is this didn't get discovered a year ago. Hopefully I will end my time with my d1 on a good note if this keeps up.

nbucko

Reaction score
I did the same thing a few weeks ago and I too wish I had found that a long time ago. While i do notice a slight increase in overall speed the main thing I noticed was that a lot of my fc's were gone. It should make the next few weeks a little more bearable

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Reaction score
I did this yesterday along with changing to a class 10 sd card that I partitioned with CWM. It seems a slight bit quicker. I wasn't having and FC issues before but, my camera was unbearable. I have not had a chance to play with the camera since yesterday. I will report back with that later. I am having one issue: every time I reboot some of my icons move to other screens. Any ideas?

OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
so they will start off on screen 1 and after reboot be on screen 2?

are these apps stored on sd?

illmatic636

Reaction score
Chewy, what Rom are you rockin? The stock frg83g stock that you got after sbf'ing??

The stock camera.apk takes horrendous pictures!

Like many of you I'm still hanging on to my D1 until the next upgrade. It was looking to be a rough two weeks until I hopefully get my gnexus. I couldn't answer incoming calls half the time because it would freeze at a black screen. Any incoming txt would lockup my phone and cause everything else to fc or be killed. Launcher redraws, soft reboots, notification misses, duplicate txt it got to be too much.
I saw this and decided to give it a try.
If you have FC, lag, sounds, etc and think your og droid HW is failing - READ THIS.

My phone feels new. There's a huge noticeable improvement in performance and lag. Don't know about battery life yet as I did this late in the day. So far every issue I listed above has been resolved. My camera actually works and doesn't lock up my phone after 1 picture and I never thought I'd see that happened on this ROM.

Only regret is this didn't get discovered a year ago. Hopefully I will end my time with my d1 on a good note if this keeps up.

jcardona1

Reaction score
SBFing back to stock FTMFW!!!

I'm on the Liquid ROM and the phone has been great ever since.

Reaction score
so they will start off on screen 1 and after reboot be on screen 2?

are these apps stored on sd?

Yes to both questions. Its weird because its only happening to 3 specific apps every time and I have quite a few other apps on sd that are stay in place after a reboot. I'm running the latest version of MIUI.
Chewy, I saw that you stayed with 1.10.28. Do you recommend not updating every week?

OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
im not sure why it does that, but i know for the dock at the bottom of the launcher, if i have an app as one of the shortcuts and its stored on SD it will not load quick enough from SD and push all my docked apps to the right. After the app stored on teh SD loads it will just get placed in the far right end of thedoc.

so maybe its a load time issue for those apps being stored on theSD card? try moving them to internel storage and reboot and see if it still happens.

I always give the new release builds a try...keeping a backup of the last working and smooth running build. I suggest looking through the changelog to see if the updates are enough for you to update and setup your phone all over again each week. I have a simple setup so it doesn't take me long to setup agian so i dont mind...

in short...sometimes one bug will be fixed in one build, only for another bug to appear on the next build...i guess its what you're content with.

Yes to both questions. Its weird because its only happening to 3 specific apps every time and I have quite a few other apps on sd that are stay in place after a reboot. I'm running the latest version of MIUI.
Chewy, I saw that you stayed with 1.10.28. Do you recommend not updating every week?

Reaction score
Chewy, you were correct. I moved one of the apps to internal storage and rebooted. I appeared in the correct spot.
Thanks for the advice on both counts.