Droid 1 stuck at M Screen

the peach

Reaction score
Hi, I clicked on the droid light app and my phone froze so i had to take the battery out and put it back in, but now when i power on it just stays at the Motorola M screen for 2 minutes then shuts off and the process repeats. It happened 30 minutes ago and ive tried to pull out the battery, and SD card and put them back in but with no avail. My phone is not rooted or anything if that helps so can you please run me through some steps to try to fix whatever happened as i really don't wanna go to Verizon cause they just try to sell me stuff.
Thanks in advance.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Not sure how that app did that to your phone but one way to get out of that status is to wipe cache and data through recovery.

OP
T

the peach

Reaction score
i'm sorry im not much of a techie but could you explain to me how to do that? I think you mean to press and hold the power and x button. if so i already tried that and it just stays at the M screen

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
You may have just the original recovery installed. Try holding the power,x and camera buttons all together the should put you into recovery.

OP
T

the peach

Reaction score
k i tried doing what you said holding the x,power, and camera button at the same time and it still stayed at the M screen. Is there anything else i can try?