Droid 1 Power (Lock/Unlock) Button Issue (Physical Issue)

HavoC

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Today I picked up my Droid 1, and when I went to press the power button (to unlock the phone), there was absolutely no resistance to my thumbpress. From what I can tell, whatever is underneath the actual button is stuck in a depressed or lower position than usual.

I can still use the phone normally, and the button does work if I push it extra hard, but I'm afraid if I do that too many times I might lose the functionality of it altogether.

Anyone know how I could go about fixing something like this? I did try to pull the button up a little bit with my fingernails, but that did nothing lol.

Would this be something that is covered under the manufacturers warranty? I didn't drop the phone or anything to cause this, so it caught me off guard pretty good. I don't have any insurance from VZW or Asurion on the phone in case any one is wondering.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's an app Droid/milestone sleep on the market. Wont help you wake it up though. I guess you could just slide it open. If you're within your 1 year warranty I'd just take it back. Say "this broke"

OP
HavoC

HavoC

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, I'll take a look at the app. I'm not sure what the warranty status of my current Droid 1 is, I bought it as a replacement to my first Droid 1 that got killed by one of my speakers lol. I may just stop into VZW one of these days and see if its anything that's still covered.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just call them *611. Your 1 year manufacturer warranty should start over on a non refurbished device.

OP
HavoC

HavoC

Reaction score
Yeah I called and they need my dad to give permission since he's the account holder (I'm on a family plan), but its no big deal I'll either have him call when he gets home or meet him at the VZW store tommorrow to check on the warranty. Thanks again for the help.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even better. I'm on a family plan (though in my name) & if it's not going my way I just say "how much money do I give you a month?" Followed by "how much to cancel this contract?" & they always work with me.

OP
HavoC

HavoC

Reaction score
Even better. I'm on a family plan (though in my name) & if it's not going my way I just say "how much money do I give you a month?" Followed by "how much to cancel this contract?" & they always work with me.

haha my dad tried to get me a replacement for my first Droid with almost the same exact phrases, didn't work tho (understandably since the damage was accidental but still my fault and I didn't have insurance. Thanks again for the quick help.