OP
Bxrider117

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I went into my local Verizon store
and they have the droid 2 extended battery in stock
i asked one of the reps to grab me one and he did
I opened the box there and looked at the battery and cover
the battery would work on the droid 1 but the extended case cover for the droid 2 wouldn't go on my droid 1 Motorola in there infinite wisdom changed the hooks from the droid 1 to the 2 the hooks are closer together on the 2 vs the 1 so this option for droid 1 users is a bust

sorry guys

Was it so oversized that you couldn't squeeze your stock battery cover on it?

crackedvenom

Reaction score
as long as the battery fits thats alright. ill figure something out. it can always be rigged.

Rhino413

Reaction score
Maybe

they wouldn't let me put the battery in my phone but it looks just like our stock one but its thicker than the stock one so with out a cover your screwed also the cover for the droid 2 is blue

Rhino413

Reaction score
Also

They where douche bags at the store they really didn't want me messing with it
I think i might go back and buy it and take it home and mess with it i was trying to put the back cover on my phone and the rep was like hey whoa stop that you need to buy that so i didn't get a real good chance to see

crackedvenom

Reaction score
They where douche bags at the store they really didn't want me messing with it
I think i might go back and buy it and take it home and mess with it i was trying to put the back cover on my phone and the rep was like hey whoa stop that you need to buy that so i didn't get a real good chance to see

you totally should. i mean you get 30 days to return it right? i dont know their policies. as long as you dont break it and what not

Rhino413

Reaction score
you know what

I'm going to go buy right now and ill report back with what I find ill take one for the OG droid team

crackedvenom

Reaction score
I'm going to go buy right now and ill report back with what I find ill take one for the OG droid team

well theres already about 2-3 of us that ordered online lol. either way if it gives me a good couple more hours ill figure something out. the stock battery is just completely unacceptable. us droidsters need as many hours as possible.

Rhino413

Reaction score
really sucks how big M

really sucks how big M left the droid 1 in the dust I mean the phone isn't that old and what about the rest of us who have contract tell like 2012
total jack asses

Rhino413

Reaction score
it works

Well just bought it and the battery and cover both work on the droid 1
The cover is a dark blue and almosts looks black and the battery is to big for the stock cover I will take some photos and post.. once I get back home. The reason it didn't seem to fit and why I thought the hooks where different was the slots on my droid 1 where dirty and also the new ext cover fits really tight way better than og cover

Rhino413

Reaction score
one more thing with the extended battery

It won't fit In the og car dock phone is to thick I'm going to go check out the droid 2 car dock as it looks like it dosent have a back

OP
Bxrider117

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I have a car dock for the D1. I am glad to hear that the cover that comes with the battery fits. I have a can of glossy black paint, I will hit mine up with that when I receive it on Monday. I can't wait to see your photos.

It does suck that they did not make this accessory for the D1, especially with the amount of battery power that it uses.

I saw people on the DX forum stating that they were able to force their stock battery back on their phones with this battery. I am hopeful I can make it work.

Also, what were the mahs on this battery. The website says 1880mah. It is is that is almost 1/3 extra battery over the stock. If I get 10-14 hours of heavy use, then I should be able to see almost 14-17 hours of heavy use.

crackedvenom

Reaction score
I have a car dock for the D1. I am glad to hear that the cover that comes with the battery fits. I have a can of glossy black paint, I will hit mine up with that when I receive it on Monday. I can't wait to see your photos.

It does suck that they did not make this accessory for the D1, especially with the amount of battery power that it uses.

I saw people on the DX forum stating that they were able to force their stock battery back on their phones with this battery. I am hopeful I can make it work.

Also, what were the mahs on this battery. The website says 1880mah. It is is that is almost 1/3 extra battery over the stock. If I get 10-14 hours of heavy use, then I should be able to see almost 14-17 hours of heavy use.

what do you classify as heavy use? i get maybe 9 of moderate