Droid 1/2 Extended Battery

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I was reading on DF about Verizon releasing an extended battery for the DX and I decided to look and see if they had one for the release of the Droid 2. Well on the VZW website, they have and 1880mah extended battery listed for the D2. Here is the link:
Enter your location

Being that the D1 and D2 are the same and share the same original battery BP6x, I figure this battery will work for the D1. On the DX forum, people who have purchased the extended battery said there was only a 1mm size difference and they were able to fit the original back on the DX with this extended battery. I wonder if the same is possible for the D2 battery on the D1. I am going to order it and give it a try. Anyone else interested?

JimmyD

Reaction score
Interesting!

Please keep us updated on your findings once the battery arrives.

OP
Bxrider117

Bxrider117

Reaction score
So I just ordered the BP7X extended battery for the Droid 2 to use with my Droid 1. It was 2nd day free shipping so I will most likely receive it on Monday. I will report my findings as soon as I receive it. If it works with the D1, this will be a great find. 400mah more battery should definitely make it at least 12-16hrs a day.

Mechanicat

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Z Force
I was thinking about the over sized battery, until I read through these reviews. I hope the batteries your referencing is different or corrected. I wouldn't want to have to power the phone down in order to recognize the second half of the charge. At least that's how I understand how this particular battery works.
http://store.androidcentral.com/seidio-innocell-2600mah-extended-battery/8A37A6360A6.htm
Maybe I'm way off and your writing about a completely different bat. Please keep us posted about your experience. Till then I'm going to continue using the best battery saving action I've found ... shutting the display off the second I'm not looking directly at it. #ridesafe

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Mechanicat

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Z Force
The first time I tried your link last night it didn't work 4 some reason. It worked fine this morning after I just posted my reply ... my bad. Now I'm very interested seeing its available thru Verizon from big M. I doubt it will suffer the same issues associated with the battery in my last post. I hope it works awesome 4 you in the D1. I wonder if the extended cover will come in only blue, dose not matter I have a can of Harley-Davison vivid black spray paint....

From my Droid using Tapatalk #ridesafe

dbuglio

Reaction score
Interesting thread, this "extended" battery might solve alot of issues, looking for feedback ASAP on not only the battery life but also if it requires a new door or not (also color of the door).

Beanfire

Reaction score
Interesting thread, this "extended" battery might solve alot of issues, looking for feedback ASAP on not only the battery life but also if it requires a new door or not (also color of the door).

interesting waiting as well...

crackedvenom

Reaction score
I was reading on DF about Verizon releasing an extended battery for the DX and I decided to look and see if they had one for the release of the Droid 2. Well on the VZW website, they have and 1880mah extended battery listed for the D2. Here is the link:
Enter your location

Being that the D1 and D2 are the same and share the same original battery BP6x, I figure this battery will work for the D1. On the DX forum, people who have purchased the extended battery said there was only a 1mm size difference and they were able to fit the original back on the DX with this extended battery. I wonder if the same is possible for the D2 battery on the D1. I am going to order it and give it a try. Anyone else interested?

well i did their little compatibility check and it said it wasnt compatible.
though the people who did the teardown of the droid 2 said

"The battery on the DROID 2 is identical to the original DROID."

also "However, the DROID 2 somehow is capable of squeezing more life out of it's battery with a 49% improvement on battery life compared to the older model."

im going out on a limb and going to try it even though it says its not compatible.

Mechanicat

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Z Force
No guts, no glory. I hope this works 4 you ( us ). If so I'm going 2 bust out my dremel tool & modify my bodyglove.

∞ dose droid dominate

OP
Bxrider117

Bxrider117

Reaction score
This battery should be arriving on Monday. I will post pictures as soon as possible. I was in the Verizon store yesterday and they had them in stock, I just didn't feel like waiting for a sales rep. My only concern is if the Droid 1 will read the battery life correctly.

crackedvenom

Reaction score
As long as it works and gives me some extra life ill be happy. Im sick of having to be careful with my phone because the battery dies too quick. I can barely make it through my work day with minimum texting, some browsing,email and checking facebook. I know its not a regular phone but all that stuff combined is maybe 2 or 2 and a half hours throughout my work day.

Also, does the stock roms get better battey life since they aren't modded and what not

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

maxnicks

Reaction score
I too am very interested. I currently use my stock battery and have 3 crappy chinese batteries for backup. Be cool to drop everything down to a single battery.

dbuglio

Reaction score

also "However, the DROID 2 somehow is capable of squeezing more life out of it's battery with a 49% improvement on battery life compared to the older model."

im going out on a limb and going to try it even though it says its not compatible.

Droid 2 has a 45nm CPU instead of the 65nm CPU in the droid 1, it is also a updated CPU. Also the stock Droid 1 rom was horrible at conserving batt life.

As long as both phones use that BP6x battery stock, I see no reason that this extended battery shouldn't work.

crackedvenom

Reaction score

Droid 2 has a 45nm CPU instead of the 65nm CPU in the droid 1, it is also a updated CPU. Also the stock Droid 1 rom was horrible at conserving batt life.

As long as both phones use that BP6x battery stock, I see no reason that this extended battery shouldn't work.

well we will see monday when the person gets theirs. i should get mine tuesday as my shipping was overnight, but i didnt order until last night.

Rhino413

Reaction score
Battery wont work

I went into my local Verizon store
and they have the droid 2 extended battery in stock
i asked one of the reps to grab me one and he did
I opened the box there and looked at the battery and cover
the battery would work on the droid 1 but the extended case cover for the droid 2 wouldn't go on my droid 1 Motorola in there infinite wisdom changed the hooks from the droid 1 to the 2 the hooks are closer together on the 2 vs the 1 so this option for droid 1 users is a bust

sorry guys