Driver Issues

deadface

Reaction score
Okay so, I ran into a problem with my Galaxy s3, so I need to flash the stock image to start fresh.

The problem Im having now is Odin not recognizing my device. USB debugging is enabled, and the drivers are installed on my computer. The computer only recognizes it as a media device, I can at least add and edit files. But my computer still says its searching for, and trying to install drivers. And when the phone is in download mode, nothing comes up at all, except for the same trying to install drivers message, which, after a long period of time, fails.

Any idea of how I can fix this? Any advice at all is much appreciated.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I ran into the same problem. I had to use a third party driver removal tool to get all the drivers off my laptop in order to reinstall properly.

Also, make sure you're using a good USB cable in a good USB port. Cannot stress those enough.

I think, in the end, I ended up using wugfresh's Nexus root toolkit in order to really get the drivers removed thoroughly. It was also relatively easy once I got to that part.

That may not be helpful if you don't have a Nexus device, however.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Do you have Samsung Kies installed on your PC?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Have you tried USBDeview? download and install and then make sure phone is unplugged and run app. Delete all Samsung USB drivers and then plug phone back in and let install drivers.