Driod Email

II-Savy

Reaction score
Suddenly I can not open any emails from the 2 accounts that I have added 1 week ago and have been checking and using....

I have already shut it down, pulled the battery.....etc. Uninstalled Open home, still get the error:

"Sorry!
The application email (process com.andriod.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Suggestions?

brandon4256

Reaction score
Are you using 3g or wifi? Ive had similar problems when I'm on wifi vs 3g.

Suddenly I can not open any emails from the 2 accounts that I have added 1 week ago and have been checking and using....

I have already shut it down, pulled the battery.....etc. Uninstalled Open home, still get the error:

"Sorry!
The application email (process com.andriod.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Suggestions?

OP
II-Savy

II-Savy

Reaction score
I was on 3G...

I found on the Internet a proceedure to basically go into the applications area, email, clear data and it basically gets rid of the accounts and all data.

I guess this proceedure is different than just deleting the accounts....This is what I found....below.

"I had the same problem after trying to download an xls file.

I tried stopping SyncManager as well as com.android.email, and no luck.

I think it might have been "stuck" trying to read the file. (Ugh... terrible implementation of email.)

At any rate, I found a workaround.

Go to Home>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications

Click the Menu button and select "Filter"

Select "Running"

Scroll down to the "Email" application. Select "Clear Data"

(This is effectively the same thing as deleting the account and starting over, however when I tried to delete/recreate the account using the UI, it didn't work. After deleting the information through the Application Manager, it appears that my email is working now.)

I reconfigured it without SSL, to only show one day's worth of email, and to scan every 5 minutes.... so that it doesn't saturate the system resources.

Hope this helps."