drag & drop, doubletwist isyncr or tunesync

beardedmonkey

Reaction score
Got my DX about a week ago, and finally have some time to brave the final frontier: syncing my itunes. From what I can tell, there are two main options, the second of which has many sub-options:

1. Drag and Drop
  2. Some app
Why would I want an app if I can copy direct? Right now I've made it through "d" on my itunes and came up with a 6.something gig playlist of everything I'd want on my DX (obviously all 108 gigs aren't gonna make the cut!), and now I've attempted the d&d, with about an hour to go. Is this going to work? When it shows up on the droid, will it all be individual songs, or will it be more sophisticated, ie: songs sortable by artist, album, etc (or even, *gasp* have some cool features like the itunes Genius thingy)?

Maybe this is why people use programs? So why use a program then? And if so, should I go with doubletwist, isyncr or tunesync? Why?

Long question I'm sure you all answer a billion times a week, but thanks for hanging in with me...

crees81

Reaction score
I have tried both DoubleTwist and iSyncr and I definitely prefer iSyncr.
I tried DoubleTwist but first it made me move my music to its own software and then it was really slow for me. I was really unhappy with it.

iSyncr lets me keep my music in iTunes where I already had it managed and syncs really fast even with large amounts of music. It syncs using playlists so however you have it organized in playlists on your computer it will transfer over. I have just started using smart playlists too which is pretty cool since it changes up my music every time I sync.

Also iSyncr just came out with a wireless syncing add on so now I don't even have to plug my phone into the computer to change the music on my phone. Not sure I would go wireless for my first sync of several gigs of music but it works well when updating your playlists.

I havent tried Tunesync though because I am happy with iSyncr.

joggy

Reaction score
+1 for iSyncr.

With Smart Playlists from iTunes, it's a cinch. Super fast and no thought required. Select the playlist(s) you want to sync and you're good to go.

I definitely had a better experience with iSyncr than what I had with Doubletwist (slow, crashes on desktop app, crashes when syncing). Can't comment on Tunesync since I've never used it.

WizardPrang

Reaction score
+1 for iSyncr

The best way to use this is with playlists... but if you are using iTunes withougt using playlists, you're not really using iTunes.

The developer is also really responsive, which is a BIG plus.

Last edited: