Downside to getting Droid @ Bestbuy?

Big D

Reaction score
OK so I'm about ready to go over and grab one of these @ BB.

I'm a little woried though. I've only ever gone through Verizon. Is there a downside to going through BB? I love the service I get from Verizon if there is a problem with a phone. They usually send stuff overnight, are more than accomodating etc.

I kinda feel like I'm screwing them over a bit. But hey, 25% off is nothing to scoff at.

What do you think?

Reaction score
I bought mine at Best Buy and was worried about the same thing. They told me it made no difference where you buy it, they all use the same computers.

They also price matched to sears for me :) $149.99.

Irish452

Reaction score
I got mine at Best Buy and had no problems whatsoever. They even matched Walmart's price of $188. If you have any problems with the phone you can still take it to a Verizon store.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You should have nothing to worry about, I purchased two iPhones from them last year with no problems. I have always liked the service I get from Best Buy, the girl that helped me was actually really knowledgeable on smart phones in general.

adam8ch

Reaction score
its $149 for new accounts. If you are upgrading its $180 at Sears. Still good ;).

OP
B

Big D

Reaction score
so if I have a line that's eligible for an upgrade, the best I can get from BB is $180. Then $15 in tax.

So I go to BB and get it for $195 or VZ for $199?

Does this sound about right?

hero

Reaction score
is the $15 in tax your estimate or best buy's? cause i was told you have to pay tax on the full price ($599) not the upgrade price ( $199 ).

hero

Reaction score
then again, i also bought the very first phone they had...and before i heard of Sear's deal. so not much of a deal for the first in line. i was able to get 15% of a jawbone bluetooth though.

Ralo

Reaction score
i only paid $99 for mine from my local VZW store. not sure why he gave me such a deal. maybe because i was nearly a year pass my upgrade date. i still have to file for the $100 rebate but still.

however i will be returning my phone so it doesnt matter. You can see my complaint list in the " Pros and Cons" thread.

newDroider

Reaction score
I got mine for $99 when signing a 2 yr contract.

Buy your phones online through verizon and you get INSTANT rebates.

onejake

Reaction score
BB won't honor the "new every two" discount. That's about the only issue I can think of.

Ordered it online through VZW and got it the next day by 3pm.

inigomntoya

Reaction score
The local BB store PM'd mine to $99 out the door ($299 - 100 instant rebate - $100 NE2). YMMV, but the girl who helped me was very knowledgeable - she is a member of this forum.

I was VERY pleased with my BB purchase of the Droid. I may actually go back when my wife's contract is up for a new phone for her.

struong57

Reaction score
Ok, so I intend on buying a Moto Droid today. I'm currently a Verizon Wireless subscriber and am eligible for an "early" upgrade, meaning I am not eligible for the New Every Two $100 credit. What is the best price I can get and from where?